TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at the local college I'm taking a fab class, among other. Cool, but now I need a project. I figure I'll make a few things out of some tube:fron bumper, rear bunper, and a bed rack that I can still load my bike in that doesn't look all gay and shit. So I figure this'll be the simplest ou of the three, as it mounts to the bed mainly. Havent started it yet...obviously, just drew up a picture with a few dimensions.

What for? A rack for extra storage while still being able to haul my dirt bike around. The frontmost bar may house lights in the future. The rack will have a kind of metal screen welded in as a bottom, not just what it looks like on paper...

What ya guys think...? (bottom right is best shot)

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
im not seeing anything

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,528 Posts
Kyota said:
Well at the local college I'm taking a fab class, among other. Cool, but now I need a project. I figure I'll make a few things out of some tube:fron bumper, rear bunper, and a bed rack that I can still load my bike in that doesn't look all gay and shit. So I figure this'll be the simplest ou of the three, as it mounts to the bed mainly. Havent started it yet...obviously, just drew up a picture with a few dimensions.

What for? A rack for extra storage while still being able to haul my dirt bike around. The frontmost bar may house lights in the future. The rack will have a kind of metal screen welded in as a bottom, not just what it looks like on paper...

What ya guys think...? (bottom right is best shot)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know if it's an imagestation problem or what, but if you paste the address in your browser it works...

Not bad looking :cool:.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man how gay. Previewed fine...
Imagestation is all fucked up. Nothin will work...damn

Thanks for lettin me know.

Its showin up for me fine and I'm on a different cpu...???

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see the drawings but I don't quite understand them. What are you trying to accomplish with this? Hold stuff and be able to transport a motorcycle?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I can see the drawings fine, I dig the idea of cargo racks like that. One thing I'd consider, for asthetics mostly, would be to have the front/rear support arms parallel to each other. If strength is compromised for your purposes in doing this, add some gussets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts