TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to cut out my rear fenders, weld in a new fender well (if necessary) and put a fender flare similar to my bushwacker's back on it so that it looks semi-good. For the front, I was just wondering if someone had a site that gives any good info on moving my firewall back a bit for clearance purposes... I have a good friend who's dad owns a body shop and therefore I can get most of this shit done semi-professionally (me and him in his shop), but I need to know what we're doing first... any tips, comments, etc are appreciated.
Ryan

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
redneck said:
I'd like to cut out my rear fenders, weld in a new fender well (if necessary) and put a fender flare similar to my bushwacker's back on it so that it looks semi-good. For the front, I was just wondering if someone had a site that gives any good info on moving my firewall back a bit for clearance purposes... I have a good friend who's dad owns a body shop and therefore I can get most of this shit done semi-professionally (me and him in his shop), but I need to know what we're doing first... any tips, comments, etc are appreciated.
Ryan
any good body & fender shop should be able to 'tub' your fenders for you.
as for cutting, don't have RJ give you advice, LOL

As for Brian's post...try not to set your truck on fire like he did ;) :welder:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that got any type of explanation? That does look like what I want to do, but I just need to know if it's more complicated than just cuttin/beatin and then welding up your holes.
Ryan

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
redneck said:
that got any type of explanation? That does look like what I want to do, but I just need to know if it's more complicated than just cuttin/beatin and then welding up your holes.
Ryan
that's about it. just make sure to remove your carpet before you start welding to avoid that little, uh, fire problem ;)

come on Bri, post your old write-up!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
hytenor said:
that's about it. just make sure to remove your carpet before you start welding to avoid that little, uh, fire problem ;)

come on Bri, post your old write-up!!
ha, i had a little fire problem with the plasma cutter, now my carpet has lots of little spots and things of that nature :welder: i think it adds character though, just like all the dents in the truck, since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts