TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going to the strickly crawler show today, we have been discussing the possibility of putting on a show of our own. There doesn't seem to be too many offroad only shows at all and it seems like a good idea. is there anyone else that would be willing to dontaht alng with us?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Depending on what it takes, as far as time. I'm in.

I would also suggest that it is open to more than simply the Toyota crowd.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't have a "crawler" anymore, but always thought about doing what Rising Sun does. They do a show type thing, and a swap meet, if you guys didnn't know. They don't allow alcohol,....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Don't have a "crawler" anymore, but always thought about doing what Rising Sun does. They do a show type thing, and a swap meet, if you guys didnn't know. They don't allow alcohol,....
as if that plays a major role in what most of us members do at shows, or meet and greets? ha ha

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It'd be cool if there was actually something to do too. That's what the other show was lacking and why we didn't stay long. At least an RTI ramp or something to watch people flex on it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also suggest that it is open to more than simply the Toyota crowd.
I too think this is a good idea, given that part of my crew wheels Jeeps and there's an EB in there somewhere.

It'd be cool if there was actually something to do too. That's what the other show was lacking and why we didn't stay long. At least an RTI ramp or something to watch people flex on it.
I would agree. RTI would be cool. Does anyone have one? Although I think most of could probly whip one together.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So where are you thinking of doing this? Also when?
There is a pretty good size vacant parking lot up here. Closer to conifer than Bailey but. Very big place to do it, all the parking is for an empty building. When hasn't been decided yet. I would like to robot before summer end. Its jus coordinating everyone together.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I think you should look in to this.. If your putting on an organized show where you will be on a lot inviting the public im pretty sure you will need permits or at least permission from the owner of the lot. Not sure what all is involved but its more then a gtg with 10 trucks and 20 people tops.

Id love to have someone put on an old school truck show. Nice rigs,HUGE trucks, minit trucks, displays and stuff. I miss that kinda stuff. :( Shows have become a bring a stock or beat to snot car/truck and show it off. The strictly crawler show i get.. All crawlers and stuff but can this be done more then the one time, the few swap meets that go on over the summer and have it be a hit? Just asking not talking shit. The last few shows i went to were more like a gtg with stock cars and trucks with lights and maybe wheels or suspension...most didnt have both.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I too think this is a good idea, given that part of my crew wheels Jeeps and there's an EB in there somewhere.

I would agree. RTI would be cool. Does anyone have one? Although I think most of could probly whip one together.
A teeter totter would be even more awesome. I've only ever been to one show that had one a super long time ago. I'd love to try my hand at one lol

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
I think you should look in to this.. If your putting on an organized show where you will be on a lot inviting the public im pretty sure you will need permits or at least permission from the owner of the lot. Not sure what all is involved but its more then a gtg with 10 trucks and 20 people tops.
I agree! I know a few times of a get together that was shutdown due to not getting permission from the property owner.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A teeter totter would be even more awesome. I've only ever been to one show that had one a super long time ago. I'd love to try my hand at one lol
That sounds interesting, I've not seen that done. Gonna have to look into that.

I agree! I know a few times of a get together that was shutdown due to not getting permission from the property owner.
We would definitely find a way to get permission for where we decide to try to put it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts