TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 02 ext cab Tacoma, but I'm begining to feel a little tight inside of the truck so I want to purchase an 05-06 double cab. My questions for all of you late Tacoma guru's are; Do the 05-06 Double cab Tacomas with the TRD OFF-ROAD package, not the sport package, come in a long bed version? and In that same package, were sunroofs/moonroofs ever offered from factory? I live in California if that makes any difference. Thanks in advanced.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yes on the long bed.

No on the sun roof as a factory option.
Please post accurate info... You CANNOT get a longbed TRD OFFROAD!! ONLY THE SPORT.

You are correct on the sunroof, or lack there of :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes on the long bed.
Not correct. You can't get a Dbl Cab LB with the off-road package. You can get it with the Sport or with the SR5 package. A dbl cab LB configuration doesn't really make sense for off-roading - the wheelbase would have you high-centered way too much. You can get the OR package with a Dbl Cab SB, or an access cab with the 6 foot bed.

You are correct about the sunroof though....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Not correct. You can't get a Dbl Cab LB with the off-road package. You can get it with the Sport or with the SR5 package. A dbl cab LB configuration doesn't really make sense for off-roading - the wheelbase would have you high-centered way too much. You can get the OR package with a Dbl Cab SB, or an access cab with the 6 foot bed.

You are correct about the sunroof though....
If I could have gotten the LB with the VSC/TRAC/A-TRAC and the offroad package I would have done it in a minute... For the wheeling I do the wheelbase wouldnt be horriblle, but the extra cargo room would be sweet... too bad the OR and TRAC package won :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
LOL - I guess I was typing my response when yours posted - good thing we said the same thing :lmao:

I would like the 6 foot bed to hold a dirt bike with the gate closed, and to be able to sleep back there - although with me , the Mrs, and 2 kiddos, I'm not sure that's even realistic.:camping: 5 foot seems to get the job done...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. With those questions answered, has anyone here done a sunroof/moonroof install on an 05-06? I cannot remember if the roof for these models are flat and would actually allow you to install one. Thanks.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My 4runner has a sun roof. (Factory)

Driving it is very much like what driving a Tacoma with a sun roof would be like.

There's some lost headroom. Probably an inch and a half, maybe two. The sunroof is flush with the outside of the truck so the thickness of the sliding rails and gaskets and glass and the cover ends up being a bulge in the headliner on the inside of the truck.

If you look close, you can see the headliner sitting down level with the sun visors in this pic.

I'm pretty tall, and when I sit in that truck I have to move the electric seats down as much as possible or my head touches the roof.

At night it's kinda cool to be able to open it, but in reality it's pretty much always closed and the air conditioner running.

When it's summertime and the sun is beating down, you have to close the sun cover. It's just too hot and bright with the sun shining in.

You might feel different, but I would not pay to have this added to my tacoma.

When you compare what it costs, and what advantages it offers against the trouble those things cause when they get old, it's just not worth the hassle.

I wouldn't have this one, except for the fact that it was part of the package on my wife's 4runner, and she wanted it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like that sunroof, but to complicated to install. Seems like to much to take into account. I would worry about leaks. But it is very nice.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I currently have an 02 ext cab Tacoma, but I'm begining to feel a little tight inside of the truck so I want to purchase an 05-06 double cab. My questions for all of you late Tacoma guru's are; Do the 05-06 Double cab Tacomas with the TRD OFF-ROAD package, not the sport package, come in a long bed version? and In that same package, were sunroofs/moonroofs ever offered from factory? I live in California if that makes any difference. Thanks in advanced.

-Eric
im not saying your a dumbass but i see post asking about the newer tacomas all the time...go to the fucking site god damnit! toyota.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not saying your a dumbass but i see post asking about the newer tacomas all the time...go to the fucking site god damnit! toyota.com
I am not trying to offend anyone here and it seems to me that you are the only one with a problem. Oh yeah did you forget that I was asking about the 05-06 tacoma not the current year, the 07, so if I would to take your advice and go to toyota.com, they would not have information regarding the 05-06 tacoma. And as you all know, features and options can change from one year to the next. So next time before you start making suggestions, take a moment and think about what you are going to say before you say it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am not trying to offend anyone here and it seems to me that you are the only one with a problem. Oh yeah did you forget that I was asking about the 05-06 tacoma not the current year, the 07, so if I would to take your advice and go to toyota.com, they would not have information regarding the 05-06 tacoma. And as you all know, features and options can change from one year to the next. So next time before you start making suggestions, take a moment and think about what you are going to say before you say it.
well then amigo got me there didnt ya, Use the seach function...you dumbfuck.:flipoff1: im sure theres plenty of people who posted information about their 05-06...have fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well then amigo got me there didnt ya, Use the seach function...you dumbfuck.:flipoff1: im sure theres plenty of people who posted information about their 05-06...have fun.

Quit getting all offensive and just relax. I'll be the bigger person and stop with this kiddy shit because you obviously lack in that department. Oh and by the way, I did do a search before I posted.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quit getting all offensive and just relax. I'll be the bigger person and stop with this kiddy shit because you obviously lack in that department. Oh and by the way, I did do a search before I posted.
:rolleyes: cool dude.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey numbnuts,

Get off your high horse and give a little respect will ya?

Someone steal your girlscout cookies or what?

If you ain't got nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts