TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing an sas on my 01. Couple reasons. 1 have a big badass truck. (I know, poser) 2 wheel it on some moderate trails like dusy and rubicon. I am thinking of running 60s F&R with 40mtrs, Staying fullwidth, link both ends. I don't mind locating the front axle foward some, but don't really want to cut fenders. I plan to keep my 3" BL and add suspension lift as needed. Is this going to be too tall to wheel these trails? How bad for daily driving? How much lift is needed to clear the 40s? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm merely an IFS poseur, but it's always good to do the "maximum tire, minimum lift" thing. I can't fathom a way how you can run 40" MT/R's without having to do any trimming...while maintaining DD capabilities.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
01tacoboy said:
I am thinking of doing an sas on my 01. Couple reasons. 1 have a big badass truck. (I know, poser) 2 wheel it on some moderate trails like dusy and rubicon. I am thinking of running 60s F&R with 40mtrs, Staying fullwidth, link both ends. I don't mind locating the front axle foward some, but don't really want to cut fenders. I plan to keep my 3" BL and add suspension lift as needed. Is this going to be too tall to wheel these trails? How bad for daily driving? How much lift is needed to clear the 40s? Thanks for any help.
you gonna build your Taco as well now? Dude, you get a better job or somethin'? LOL

40s are for v8s, or smaller engines with crawlers (at least one) and a tow rig ;)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
01tacoboy said:
Daily driver with 40's sounds like fun..lol

You can run what ever tire size you want but you will need to cut fenders to make way for those beast to stuff into!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
bling bling, cause its going to cost ya out the ass for a linked dual 60 setup. trust me ive been doing the research. less sheet metal means less that can get fawked up on the trails, to clear 40's and keep it low (frame under 26", my opinion of somewhat low) your going to have to hack the fenders/firewall :welder: but full widths do kick ass :xrocker:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All your posts confirmed what I thought. My friends were trying to tell me otherwise. I was thinking 37s realistically. I am trying to decide to build the tacoma, or leave it alone and build my 81 toyota. The tacoma is more comfortable and has more luxuries, but the 81 I can beat on hard and not care other than driving it home. And no, I am not paying anyone for fab work. I have my own tube bender, welder, chop saw, etc. and am fairly good at using them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hytenor said:
you gonna build your Taco as well now? Dude, you get a better job or somethin'? LOL

No, I can build either the tacoma or the 81, not both. Same job for now. When I get something better, I plan to start looking for a house.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigBadBob0 said:
Since rubicon and dusy are moderate, why are you worried about being too tall?
Don't want to flop it or lean into a tree. Hit low branches, etc. I kind of figured it was a stupid idea, but figured I would humor my friends and ask.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
since the 'con and dusy are "moderate" trails, im gonna take my poser ass out of here...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
since the 'con and dusy are "moderate" trails, im gonna take my poser ass out of here...
yea, you need to run some REAL hardcore stuff like Dakar of something, LOL

next time you can't bypass little sluice ;)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
build the 81, i would have loved to built an older yota, however im past the point of no return now with the tacoma so ill continue to beat the living shit out of it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zszac111 said:
build the 81, i would have loved to built an older yota, however im past the point of no return now with the tacoma so ill continue to beat the living shit out of it.
I think that is the route I am choosing. The length of an ex cab taco is a pain, so is caring about the sheet metal. Looks like flat bed and exo on the 81. I have 36" iroks and a bunch of aftermarket toy stuff already. I will just stick to toy axles though. I am sticking with the link idea and air shocks. Should be able to run just about any trail without too much hassle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hytenor said:
yea, you need to run some REAL hardcore stuff like Dakar of something, LOL

Nah, just the hammers, proving grounds in moab, AZ, NM, Etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts