1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lol almost every flop picture I see, I can't figure out how the hell it happened just from the surrounding landscape. But I know how that goes. This looks like (and really was) nothing:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
I wish I was there to laugh at you in person.:lmao: How do you flop on that? I'm thinking (just thinking since pix never represent the situation) even I would have been ok in my ifs taco... even taking into account I'm a little girl about tippy shit.

glad you're ok tho.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where was that Shawn?

BTW you gotta do spring creek with us on Sat Sept 19th... then hit Tommy Knockers brewery afterwards!
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138513
About 100 yards in on Liberty in Penrose.

I wish I was there to laugh at you in person.:lmao: How do you flop on that? I'm thinking (just thinking since pix never represent the situation) even I would have been ok in my ifs taco... even taking into account I'm a little girl about tippy shit.

glad you're ok tho.
It was VERY unexpected and deceiving. I just drove over a big rock on my passenger side and didn't expect my driver front to drop down more when I did. I wasn't the only one that miscalculated that either. About 10 minutes after we got my junk running someone else on 40s did the exact same thing in the same spot :eek:

Shawn.... the Silver pin-striped heep! :neener:
Pin-striped? More like Rock-rash ;)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Posing on that rock from the other direction

I was just watching the video from this trip on Youtube yesterday!!! Awesome run! Its funny how much your truck has changed in 2 years. It took me llike 2 minutes of watching the vid to recognize the truck! :eek:

·
7,735 Posts
I take back my comments about my ifs doing that. Somehow I knew it was bigger than it looked in the jeep rolling pix

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So were you wearing the idiot helmet? ;)
Actually, no...like I said, I totally wasn't expecting it and it didn't look like much either. Luckily I didn't hit my head and kept all arms & legs in the vehicle (like a ride at the amusement park). I gave my typical lecture to my passenger right off the bat before we got on the trail..."Rule #1: seat belt must be on whenever we're moving. Rule #2: if we start to go over on your side, DO NOT try to hold the Geap up with your arm. Keep your arms inside and don't grab the handle on the outside of the cage."

Then about 20 minutes later....flop! :eek: It was on my side, but it definitely made her remember what I said. Luckily no one got hurt, but I should be probably be wearing my helmet more often now. I'm going to get another one for the passenger too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool enough. How did you like Penrose?
Yeah, Penrose is sweet :cool: Patriot is fawking insane tho :eek: Independence is doable for me going down (I think...I didn't actually see all of it), but going up that is another story.

I really need to stretch my junk....boy that doesn't right, does it?

Wheelin'....the only topic where you can say "I stretched my junk, shaved my rear end, got laid on my side, went topless, and got my ass spanked" and be describing just another day on the trail ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What day were you at Penrose? Dad and I went down saturday to watch.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What day were you at Penrose? Dad and I went down saturday to watch.
Sunday. I was getting vertical at Elevenmile Canyon with the wife on Saturday...the best climbing I've done so far in CO :cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts