TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hawaii's Damage Control
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, April 4th at 8:30 AM at the Mokuleia YMCA Pavilion by Kaena Point there will be a beach clean up and possibly a meeting concerning the future of the area. The director of DLNR will be there and has asked the H4x4A to join them to help clean up the area. We also may get to decide what areas we would like to use at the point for wheeling. I will be going, everyone is encouraged and anyone is welcome to join.
This will not be a 4wheeling event but it will require 4x4 trucks to drive on the beaches and to remove any large debris (abandoned cars). Hope to see you guys there.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sweet!!! Of course I have to be working!!!! UGGGHHH!!! Thanks for doing this man! You and anyone else who shows with be doing a great service to us all! Wish I could be there.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dude, I'm glad you're in on this! I have duty tomorrow, so boo to that, but I'm glad you'll be going! Let us know what ends up happenin'!

Have fun!

·
Registered
851 Posts
So, how'd this thing go? I "happened" to pass overhead, and saw a lot of rigs around. I hope everyone had fun, and that the clean-up went well!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You "happened" to pass overhead huh? Rough duty day I see! :p

·
Hawaii's Damage Control
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It went really well, we ended up filling a huge rolloff dumpster with junk. We removed like 3 cars (at least what was left of them), a lot of car parts, two huge fishing net messes that washed up on the beach, and a lot of trash. It was pretty amazing how much trash was hidden in the bushes.
So that was you circling around us, I figured it was because they usually don't do that. I was a great turn out for the H4x4A, we were the majority there and with all the stuff we grabbed, it showed we were serious about working with the state to get legal places to wheel. The director of DLNR was very pleased with our participation and said she would be asking for our help in the futrue. She also talked about how there needs to be better places for us to go and that they are going to do what they can to try to make it happen. All in all, it was a good day and we may get more help from them when it comes to getting things done.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That sounds like a great turn-out! I'm glad the DLNR rep seemed so into the idea of finding more off-roading places. Hopefully we'll have more opportunity to do these sorts of clean-ups in the future.

I noticed that the 4x4boyz website was crashed, or something. Is there any place online where H4x4A is posting info on upcoming events? Their site is pretty empty on specifics.

·
Hawaii's Damage Control
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oahu Jeepers and Bentframe 4x4 are the main ones. I have been getting texts on the events also. If you would like to be in the chain, you could email or call Mike Elliott. He could give you updates along with others in the group. His info is on the H4x4A website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts