TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
:rofl:

not sure why I find this bump funny, but I do. I guess too many meds in the system right now!

I have been in the garage too much lately, at least I will use that as an excuse, what's everyone elses?

·
4,068 Posts
I am here all day everyday and it gets kinda boring sometimes. We need more members with office jobs to waste away on the forums, lol

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
recruiting is down. I did solicite some guys I met from Kokomo, but I havent' seen them on here yet.

I have some ideas to increase activity. I'll see what I can do.

·
4,068 Posts
We had a few new comers at the last run at Badlands that had followed our boards, but havent seen them yet either. I am gonna work on E'ville once I get down. Gonna try to get Greg to get rid of that ranger too, lol.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've talked to a lot of people down here with Taco's and none of them have had interest in off-road. Hell, I talked to one guy that said he had never even put his truck in 4wd. :confused:

I've got 3 neighbors that work at the Toyota plant and was thinking about giving them a handfull of InTTORA biz cards to pass out.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
what I have found to be fact is most people don't want to tear up their trucks off road. I have told people in the past that "even though there is always a risk of scratches and/or dents. we are an offroad club that does not emphasize going as big as you you can. that no one is obligated to hit the hardest trails and if you are comfortable just trail riding then that is fine"

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Helllllllooooooo anyone there?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
whacha buy?

seems I am on here less after not having a "real" job than when I was suppose to have a real job. Go figure? guess I am enjoying my pre-retirement more than when I was working. :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
congrats! you going down to red bird this weekend with the rest of the degenerates?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
so what are you doing these days? I thought you were going to school.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My dad and I started a lawn care business last year. I did get some classes in, and plan to take some more when the growing season slows down in the fall.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Awww, Lawn care and maintenence! I helped my brother-in-law with his business back in Texas for almost 8 years. I would cut & run operation between my gigs playing photographer. LOL

You are not alone on the forum wit that vocation. Scott is also in the industry as well.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I used to run a lawn care business in high school. Good money if you know how to work it.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
...Good money if you know how to work it.
The whole enchilada in that statement right thun thar!

I used to think that photography could be good money also, but too competitive anymore, and everyone is a photographer these days thanks to the digital era!

So what is the going rate these days for a typical residential? back home in the land of the perpetual summer, we got $35-$45 a yard. My brother-in-law and I could do 25 in a day. But then again the two of us typically did the accounts the "big boys" put a 5 man crew on, and we could do it "cleaner" in almost the same amount of time. I kid you not. But then again, we were both 15 years younger and probably a little bit more Hungary than we would be today.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Personally, I would charge between 25 a 40 depending on size and complexity. I was a one man crew, and could still get it done in the time it took 2 to 3 guys to get the same yard done. I worked by myself, and practically ran the push mower everywhere lol. Then again, I was actually in shape, and realllllyyyyy wanted the money.

I remember that most of the time, I had to turn down business because I wouldn't have time to get them all done. I never advertised, just had to rely on word of mouth. Most of the time, I worked for older people with whom quality was more important than cost. When I combined time, quality, and cheap, they loved it and spread the word about my business.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
12 Participants
Roll Tide
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing