TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I used to have a set of 31x12.50x15 thornbirds on my taco when I first started building it up. They have a lil side to side wobble. So they will shake the steering wheel a lil. But mine rode great on the road and gripped well in turns. They are heavy tires. I got great wear on mine. My cousin got over 60k on a set of 33x12.50x15 on a 94 yota 4x4. They aren't the best offroad tires and be very careful on gravel roads they slide bad. They spin bad on wet pavement pulling off from stop signs or red lights. But they stop fine on wet pavement and I never hydroplaned. They are a good tire If your looking for a aggresive looking tire thats good on the street. But if you are looking for a offroad tire get a tsl radial or so kind of tire with the tread like a tsl a mud grip.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
mattstaco said:
does anyone know about ss thornbirds?

Actually I have a pretty good story about a guy I know who just got some Thornbirds. Last week, my friend bought some thornbirds off a guy for like 100 bucks. Well he went and put them on his truck in auto shop, and they looked alright. Thornbirds have very aggresive tread and the chunks of rubber go way over the width of the tire, so as my friend was driving home from auto, one of the pieces of tread grabbed his brake line and tore it off! It was hilarious. :rofl:

Anyways, I've heard that thornbirds are mostly fo show tires, and unless you live near some thick mud or a bog then they probably arent any good. Plus they will wear down super fast.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Zackattak said:
Anyways, I've heard that thornbirds are mostly fo show tires Plus they will wear down super fast.
That seems to be the word on the street.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is off the beat path but how do you change your status from newbie to member. I was off the computer for a lil while and the forum was changed and my name was erased. But I have been part of ttora for about 4 years. Just wondering not a big deal. What about getting a pic of my truck under my name. thanx

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
mattstaco said:
Ask Captain Kirk about them, LOL

then, of course, there's the footage from Takeover, hee, hee.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Live4yotas said:
This is off the beat path but how do you change your status from newbie to member. I was off the computer for a lil while and the forum was changed and my name was erased. But I have been part of ttora for about 4 years. Just wondering not a big deal. What about getting a pic of my truck under my name. thanx
learn how to post whore ;)

100 gets you 'senior' status

I figure 500 will get me 'old fart' status but we'll have to see. :p

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Seems like thornbirds are more commonly referred to by real wheelers as thornturds if that says anything about it. I run goodyear mt/r's and would reccomend them.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
03trdblack said:
I LOVE the looks of them, but I have also heard that they are awful to ride on the highway with (very loud). I would imagine that they would be great in sand since they are fairly wide tires.
even aired way down they have little or no traction in the rocks...and I have video to prove it from Capt. Kirk, LOL

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
mattstaco said:
Thornbirds suck most egregious ASS! I was just watching my Rubicon DVD last night and got all pissed off again at just how bad those tires munch on man sack! Gouge out your eyes and cut off your yam bag if you get them, run, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction of those tires as they are cursed with the highest form of LOSER tire ever made curse from the evil witch of tire hell! :banghead:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Captkirkyota said:
Thornbirds suck most egregious ASS! I was just watching my Rubicon DVD last night and got all pissed off again at just how bad those tires munch on man sack! Gouge out your eyes and cut off your yam bag if you get them, run, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction of those tires as they are cursed with the highest form of LOSER tire ever made curse from the evil witch of tire hell! :banghead:

Whoa...but tell us how you really feel.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
BOOBANELLI21 said:
OMG :eek: you are waaaay up there in posts! Are you the official leader so far?
I must be, LOL, I went from senior to veteran after 500. I always thought it would switch to 'ultimate post whore' or something but 'veteran'?? LOL, there must be 50 guys who have been with ttora longer than I have.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Captkirkyota said:
I had to edit your section of vid that I took at Gatekeeper cuz all you did was spin your tires, LOL...got aweful boring..... :p

but really, were they THat bad?? :rofl:

·
Registered
64 Posts
hytenor said:
I must be, LOL, I went from senior to veteran after 500. I always thought it would switch to 'ultimate post whore' or something but 'veteran'?? LOL, there must be 50 guys who have been with ttora longer than I have.
I thought the dick was the only senior, trying to make him feel good? :)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
BOOBANELLI21 said:
I thought the dick was the only senior, trying to make him feel good? :)
well, there's 'senior' and then there's 'old fart'; The Dick would be in the latter catagory ;)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
hytenor said:
but really, were they THat bad?? :rofl:
They were worse, this is my restrained and polite response to T-bird inquiries. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts