TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK. I've been following Toku's Camburg UCA misalignment and found out that my UCA are 7" as well. Can you measure the length of your arms and report the length. The arms are suppose to be 6 1/2". Let me know if you were able to get the alignment within spec as well. Rumor has it that the Camburg Jig was off so there may be more of us out there. If we're all at 7" then maybe it's suppose to be 7"

Here's a pic of the incorrect UCA. Measure from the bushing to the weld.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fast frank said:
Yowsa!

Is that both sides, or is it just one side that is too long?
Mine were both sides. I want a consensus as too everyone's lengths before I go to Camburg with this issue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine are 7" and the alignment would not adjust to spec. Too much camber.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Camburg, IMHO, should also pay for the alignment charges too, if the manufacturing is found tobe incorrect.

·
2,251 Posts
I would check with Camburg to see what the specs are suppose to be 1st. Maybe check with Demello to see if he has heard anything.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
any idea if the problem exists for the older gen of trucks? 01-04s? I don't have an alignment issue with mine, so I'd suppose not.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
crhannig said:
I would check with Camburg to see what the specs are suppose to be 1st. Maybe check with Demello to see if he has heard anything.
They dont align with specs. Specs are for factory trucks. Camburg takes all their trucks to a frame/auto body shop. The tech's name is Dave. I forget the shop name but Dave was super nice. He told they basically push out the caster and zero our camber and toe.

·
2,251 Posts
Super Doody said:
They dont align with specs. Specs are for factory trucks. Camburg takes all their trucks to a frame/auto body shop. The tech's name is Dave. I forget the shop name but Dave was super nice. He told they basically push out the caster and zero our camber and toe.
I was meaning the specs on the control arms. like the length is suppose to be, not what people are guessing they are.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Super Doody said:

Yeah that's where I took mine too. Dave aligned it good and my truck drives straight. But he does it manually so I don't know the specific numbers. My tires look a little positive camber but i don't know how much. I just want to make sure i have the right control arms.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
About this Discussion
96 Replies
33 Participants
Sisyphus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing