TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finished up my lift and new tires, see sig, and it is awesome. I still have 5th on the highway,my spedo is only off by about 4 mph, but the funny thing is that I am actually getting better gas mileage now. I have 104K on the truck and she is running awesome and is driving better than I could have imagined. I was thinking of re-gearing, but now I don't think it will be necessary. Take it easy guys.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Shocker said:
No gears huh? Then I say brakes, definately uprgrade your brakes.
The brakes don't seem to be bad either, but I am probably going to throw a set of ceramic pads on just to be sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bigger tires need bigger brakes. If your going to get ceramic pads you ought to just go ahead and get slotted and drilled rotors too.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where's everyone getting their S+D Rotors from.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The Shocker said:
No gears huh? Then I say brakes, definately uprgrade your brakes.
No offense, but if you like throwing away money I'd be more than happy to give you my paypal address. What makes you think that you need new brakes with 32" tires?

·
Registered
207 Posts
better gas mileage. awesome. i think i am going to put some 40's on. then i'll have the best gas mileage. ha ha. just kiddin. i think a little bigger tire may help me. i want to see pics of your finished product (lift and tires). thanks.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a quick poser shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks Great JT! :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Keith, now we just need to gets some time to go beat on it and start wrenchin' on yours.

·
Registered
132 Posts
tenntaco said:
No offense, but if you like throwing away money I'd be more than happy to give you my paypal address. What makes you think that you need new brakes with 32" tires?

His tires are 33.1 inches. Maybe you don't do things all the way, not me. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a little bigger one.

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
jtaco1 said:
Here's a little bigger one.

Truck looks great!
Gears would help, but I know they are exspensive. Change your brakes when they are ready to be changed. Stay away from drilled rotors (they crack easily). Get the slotted only ones if you have to change them at all. I'm not familiar with any conversion for the Taco's for "bigger" brakes though. You can get different pad construction (semi metallic, ceramic etc...) and rotors with slots or slots and holes, but "bigger"?????
Bill

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. I was planning on some 4.88's, but with driving it, I like the way it handles now. I can still pass in 5th on the highway and my RPM's are down about 500 from what they usually were with the 31's. Brakes are the next thing to do, since I am still on the original rotors and I haven't changed the pads since I bought it, which was at 68K and now I have 104K, and I don't know when the previous owner did, but they still work well. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, I'll have to look into that Tundra conversion.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can someone explain the better gas mileage? I thought you loose gas mileage and performance when you go to bigger tires and leave gearing stock? Is it just the performance that you should loose? Bigger tires = more rolling resistance = less gas mileage. Im confused.

Thanks...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts