Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CWest said:
damn! i've seen better prices in Perf Prod! :eek:
ya the manufacture price is always quite abit higher, I just wanted to find a good link the the image of them.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Todd, I have no experiance withi the KC's (ask Tyler... I think he's running them)

I LOVE my Hella Rallye 4000's They are a bit more expensive than the KC's but they have an amazing amount of light output. They are big though...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was running the KC daylighters on my jeep which were 150 watts I believe :rolleyes: but I never had a problem out of them. I bought them from quadratech. I only gave around $100 for the pair, and the complete wiring kit.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
PappaF2 said:
Just wondering if anyone still runs KC's and how they compare to hella etc.
I'm looking at the 130w daylighters in driving pattern. I'm not looking to spend a lot of dough. Anythoughts? Would I be better off just buying to lights and making my own wireing harness?

http://www.kchilites.com/store/Black-Driving-Daylighterbr130w-System-634-P497C65.aspx
good inexpensive lights but not a great pattern.

have you checked ebay for Hellas or Cibie?
other than the 4k Hellas the best driving beams I've used are the Cibie Oscar+

I've got a set of Cibie 175s (rectangular) that I'll sell you for cheap if you just want something to use. I've got some fog lenses for them as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the 130w Daylighter fogs on my Chevy and they had a better pattern than the headlights. They wiring harness is pretty straight forward and it's included in the price. I talked to Ron at KC and he said to shop around; their prices are higher than most places; Performance Products has a good deal. I was going to get a pair of Slim Lights and mount then on top of the front bumper of my Taco. I'd reuse my regular Daylighters, but have analysis poralosis when it comes to cutting my grille!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hytenor said:
good inexpensive lights but not a great pattern.

have you checked ebay for Hellas or Cibie?
other than the 4k Hellas the best driving beams I've used are the Cibie Oscar+

I've got a set of Cibie 175s (rectangular) that I'll sell you for cheap if you just want something to use. I've got some fog lenses for them as well.
I have looked at hella's some, and I remember you showing me the cibie lights at your house. For right now I'm looking for a pair to add onto my Christmas list that katy will get. :D Makes it much easier for her to find stuff when she knows what shes looking for and where to find it. :p
Anyhow if I don't get any lights for Christmas I may take you up on the cibie's. :cool:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i had a pair of daylighters once

lets just say they broke off in the desert, found them hanging from the wires

you wont regret the hella 4ks

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
drabnor said:
i had a pair of daylighters once

lets just say they broke off in the desert, found them hanging from the wires

you wont regret the hella 4ks
Todd never goes very fast so that won't be a problem :p

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
hytenor said:
forgot to mention the hellas are at least 4x brighter than the kcs

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ShowStop said:
Is that what your truck used to look like? At least the fenders are still round in those pics. :D
yep, that was before i found ttora

gotta love those stock tires

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,371 Posts
The KC lights that are other then round are OK. I've had their 6x9 lights and still run the 55w driving lights. Both work well. I also have their 6" round daylighters with the 100w lamps. The pattern on those really suck and they aren't all that bright, even compared to other 100w lights. I'd recommend Hella or PIAA over the KC rounds any day.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
drabnor said:
forgot to mention the hellas are at least 4x brighter than the kcs
LOL, yea, minor detail :p

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hytenor said:
hey! :p
Fast is a relative term, ask Peri she rode with me on the Rubicon one worktrip. Made it to ellis creek in about 1/2 hour including several stops to fill the Power Steering resi up. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts