TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any stories from the trail yet? im thinking about using this kit now because im first going to do a set of donahoes and a 1.5" body lift w/ ALL's then add a drop bracket suspention. and the tuff country can be had for $900 without shocks or rear components. ive herd a couple comments that the bracket isnt that 'tuff' can anyone have any comments on this? i like the fact that the tuff country uses a new spindle instead of a spacer like the procomp. ive even herd of people using the TC spindle witht the procomp kit..

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
MadMaxz said:
any stories from the trail yet? im thinking about using this kit now because im first going to do a set of donahoes and a 1.5" body lift w/ ALL's then add a drop bracket suspention. and the tuff country can be had for $900 without shocks or rear components. ive herd a couple comments that the bracket isnt that 'tuff' can anyone have any comments on this? i like the fact that the tuff country uses a new spindle instead of a spacer like the procomp. ive even herd of people using the TC spindle witht the procomp kit..
I apologize in advance for coming off quite rude......but I call BS on $900 w/out shocks or rear components. Especially, if it's brand new.

I hope someone chimes in and proves me wrong because I'm a :newbie: :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im saying i can get it for $900 from a local shop. i stopped in yesterday to see about installing a body lift and they had the TC forsale

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
MadMaxz said:
if the shop has the TC for sale, maybe you can take a look at it. One good thing about the drop brackets is that they are tied together by two bars to give them more strength. When I opened the bos for my fabtech 6" and took out the drop brackets, it was obvious that they were made very stout. Definitely stronger than the TM ones I once had. I have heard about poor fitment issues and strength issues with the PC brackets in the past, but never seen one myself. It reallt depends on whay happens to the lift while on your truck. If you smack the bracket on a rock hard enough, it can bend.

·
Registered
931 Posts
MadMaxz said:
I have run it for a while now without any problems, and I do use it!

ive even herd of people using the TC spindle witht the procomp kit..
Who has done that?

without shocks or rear components
That means you dont get two blocks and U-botls, worth like $20. You dont want blocks in the rear anyways.

If you can get it for $900 and its all good, go for it!

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacoma mods/lift/tuff country/tuffcountry.htm

I think we were the first to do a write-up. I know that when I was finishing my kit, 4 Wheel & Off-Road magazine was just getting theirs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing