TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pulling out last night.....decide to gag it and the sucker stuck wide open....i think the pedal stuck and it has the oem floor mats.....i popped it into nutreul then turned the ignition off...turned it back on and everything was normal...anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
952 Posts
dlowe102 said:
im pulling out last night.....decide to gag it and the sucker stuck wide open....i think the pedal stuck and it has the oem floor mats.....i popped it into nutreul then turned the ignition off...turned it back on and everything was normal...anyone have this problem?
no sorry

·
Registered
883 Posts
someone had this exact thing happen to them on toyotanation. it ended up being the floormat pushing the gas pedal. double check that, try cleaning the throttle body if u haven't done that.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
dlowe102 said:
Since when was a WOT a problem??? ;)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
That's some pretty scary shit.

My floor mats fit perfectly, and are secured in place with plastic clips.

Are you running some kind of "Vato Zone" floor mats with a picture of Yosemite Sam on them, or what?

I would sure do something to make sure it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
naaa im running the oem trd's but i havnt put the clips on yet.....im thinking it was the floor mat...but have heard a servo opens and closes the throttle...just seeing if anyone else had this happen.......was kinda freaky i was headed towards a red light was just doing a short gag to break loose the 35"s and the sucker stuck.....good thing i have cat like reflexes

·
Registered
28 Posts
dlowe102 said:
naaa im running the oem trd's but i havnt put the clips on yet.....im thinking it was the floor mat...but have heard a servo opens and closes the throttle...just seeing if anyone else had this happen.......was kinda freaky i was headed towards a red light was just doing a short gag to break loose the 35"s and the sucker stuck.....good thing i have cat like reflexes
With OEM floor mats, the reason for the clips is to keep the floor mats in place and from obstructing the GAS pedal. My friend, a Toyota mechanic, said customers come in for service wandering why thieir vehicle idles high, AND -> they have a WallMart floor mat stuffed against the GasPedal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts