TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im trying to figure out what length drag link and tie rods I'm gonna need when I do the swap. I was thinking about ordering a kit from Parts Mike, but you need to specify lengths. Should I just get an estimated length and order them a little long for some error? Im using I think an '85 Waggy axle which is about 61" WMS.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If you wait a day or two, I can tell ya exactly what ya need!

Knuckles?

Hi-steer Arms?

Spacer between arms and knuckles?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably run Sky's High Steer arms, and some junk yard Flat tops probably off of a K5 or earlier Waggy. Should I be running a misalignment spacer with that setup? What setup are you running?

·
Registered
342 Posts
if you run your tierod on the highsteer arm it should be right around 48 3/8" and the draglink should be 43 3/8" that is if your draglink goes all the way to the highsteer arm. i don't know about the ones that tie into the tierod. of course they leave room for adjustment, but if your going to run your tierod at the stock location it needs to be longer. i just don't know how much.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Get the pitman, order the kit and ask him to hold off on the tr and dl.
Should be the last thing you do, really before the first test drive unless you want to be screwing with it or try to get lucky. They are all different- but if you get it too long the reamer and tap will cost more than one of the links alone and if you get it too short you end up spacing a brand new part or paying for another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts