TTORA Forum banner

Tierra del Sol

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Rocksurfer 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'm in the same boat as you. Not knocking the event, just doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

I do plan on going to Rubithon this year, but hear it's a different vibe and organized differently. It'll be my first "big" organized event, but it's mostly Toyotas so that makes things better. :)

#6 ·
I met up with the guys from "4 wheels to heal" at KOH and they are going to be at Tierra this year. I figured on heading out and volunteering a seat in the truck, if they wanted it.

http://www.4w2h.org/

#7 ·
I was all set to go and my club bailed wish I would have thought to look here before I made other plans. It is a fun time and when things ger backed up there are many alternate routes to take. Unlike other events you are issued a single ticket for the raffle which is very big, and its not just Jeep parts even though they always seem to need parts. Lots of tires and such and there's a real fireworks show at the end. Don't knock until you've been there. I wiil try to remember next year to get TTORA out there next year. Sure there are a majority of Jeeps but there is a lot of other vehicles too. I'd say that Toyota falls in second on the types of rigs there.

#10 ·
Yeah I am not going to make it. I dented the back of my truck on one trail during the Truckhaven challenge. Those trails can get a bit tight...

#11 ·
Yeah I'd agree it can get a little tight for a long wheelbase vehicles, and taking the trails you can do gets a little boring, when I banged up my 4Runner it was due to the boredom of staying on the green and blue trails so I dived into a red dropped off a four foot ledge with a huge rock in it and drug that rock 20 feet down the trail before it was finished with the right rear of my 4Runner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.