Registered
1,960 Posts
What is this? Im in San Diego too... AKA El Cajon

·
Registered
32 Posts
What is this? Im in San Diego too... AKA El Cajon
2016 TDS Desert Safari

Previous years have been hosted at the OWSVRA area just outside the Truckhaven area...environmental interests sued and won a court decision that essentially killed the TDS permit for 2016.

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks like 4x4 only...
Prolly right...but the raffle and evening events are worth a day trip out to check out the vendors etc.

The new area is on private property this year, so it will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last year wasn't bad. They are mostly a jeep crowd. The wife and I a planning in going for the day and camping down at fish creek, after he raffle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like 4x4 only...

The main trail is pretty easy. Don't hold me to it but I bet a 2wd could make the trail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Question for those who have attending in previous years:
I'll be camping near there for that weekend, my girl's cousin is having her bday party out there. Would it be okay to get "in" on a trail run w/o paying the registration fees? Guessing not, since they have you sign a waiver form right.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Im gonna guess since its on private property... thats a no go

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The run should be in Truckhaven, however, as far as just showing up, I wouldn't recommend it. The trail, if it could be called that, is geared towards a family trip; it's easy but with hard bypasses.
I went for the day last year and was not amused. The only reason I am going again is to get the clan out of the house.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The run should be in Truckhaven, however, as far as just showing up, I wouldn't recommend it. The trail, if it could be called that, is geared towards a family trip; it's easy but with hard bypasses.
I went for the day last year and was not amused. The only reason I am going again is to get the clan out of the house.

Thanks bro, I appreciate the feeback. It was cool seeing you at at KOH, and thanks for NOT letting us onto the race course.... :grin2:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bro, I appreciate the feeback. It was cool seeing you at at KOH, and thanks for NOT letting us onto the race course.... :grin2:
You always have to obey the guy in the "official" orange vest!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I went on sunday... everyone left. I wanted some Icon swag

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
DavidTaylor9
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing