TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone install the Timbren system on their rig (manufacture touts to be "jouce springs")? Seems like a good way to get "jouce" bumps without installing bump cans.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I just ordered mine, my trucks still in the shop so you won't get a review for a while. I'm going to be using them for poor boy jounce shocks, and I think for what I do they'll be fine. I know that I may lose an inch of uptravel, so I might even cut them down a little. We'll see what they look like installed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We use them (Superlift Suspension) on the front of our IFS Chevy 6" lift systems 99-07 and they work very well in supplementing the spring rate. In fact on the Tahoe systems the vehicle is set with so that the lower control arm is in contact with the Timbren at ride height - this helps in the spungyness and body roll of the stock vehicle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
get some pics up when you get your truck back tacosupreme!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I too am interested in them... from what I have researched they do not limit up travel, thou it may take a little more force to get there.. .but still pretty easy.

I want them for winter driving, to keep the tires from fully comressing quickly with chains on.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Gary at Wheelers Off Road is currently running them on one of his trucks, give him a call..

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Gary at Wheelers Off Road is currently running them on one of his trucks, give him a call..
Yep... he is the one who told me that you dont loose any compression.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you had a chance to try them out? If yes, do you noticed a difference in ride quality when 4 wheelin? What are the dimensions of the front aeon spring compared to the stock bump stock?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Haven't had a chance to wheel them yet, just got 'em on. They are a hell of a lot mushier than what was on there stock. I put a stock bumpstop in my vise and I couldn't get it to compress more than 1/4", but the timbrens compressed an inch and a half no problem. Just doing some urban curb jumping they feel great, and the truck handles better, and corners better because there is less body roll. As you can see from the pics they are a bit longer than stock, so they contact the LCA sooner. I'd say the ride feels much more cooshie than stock overall.

·
Registered
160 Posts
please keep us updated!.. interested is I

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sounds like a good alternative bumpstop. I'll have to call wheelers and see what they are running on their truck. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Haven't had a chance to wheel them yet, just got 'em on. They are a hell of a lot mushier than what was on there stock. I put a stock bumpstop in my vise and I couldn't get it to compress more than 1/4", but the timbrens compressed an inch and a half no problem. Just doing some urban curb jumping they feel great, and the truck handles better, and corners better because there is less body roll. As you can see from the pics they are a bit longer than stock, so they contact the LCA sooner. I'd say the ride feels much more cooshie than stock overall.
Which specific ones did you use?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks for the info Taco.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Just got back from a run, and wow what a difference! Woops I was taking in third before I was nailing in fourth, no more buck from the ass end, and I know I was bottoming out, but I sure couldn't feel it. Nice and soft, no more teeth jarring clunk. Why don't they come from the factory like this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since they are rubber, do you get any heavy oscillating rebound from them? Air bumps and jounce shocks are nice because they soften the blow, and also don't rebound you like a bumpstop does. How about these?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
A little, but they are progressive. They mush easily at first and increase resistance the further they collapse. Of course they increase spring rate, so they have to increase in rebound, but I don't think it's noticeable. I'd also like to note I am a complete novice at suspension tuning and am using the speed/pucker factor method to figure out what works and what doesn't. These work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
someone else using timbren? any more pics?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts