TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does the stock O2 sensor typically last? I'm thinking about replacing mine because my gas mileage just went down quote a bit. I used to drive 350 miles on one tank, now I can't even go 300. Is 80,000 miles a lot for the stock sensor?

·
Registered
121 Posts
heres a bump for ya. im interested in knowing if i need one as well. i attempted to take it out last nite to clean it but teh nuts are rusted all to hell.

Justin

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
usually they go bad after the 100000 mark, ur check engine light should go on if its gone bad, for once theyre cheaper to get from toyota than napa

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As it's starting to go bad, will the fuel economy go to heck? It sure seems like my fuel economy is just gone. I may as well be driving a small block V8 instead of a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you sure it's not because of the winter gas?? Not sure where you are living.. Mine has dropped from 330 - 350 to 270 - 300 because of the winter gas mix.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I was thinking about the oxygenated "winter gas" too. I guess that really kills the mileage. It does however seem like the engine has more power on the O2 doped gas.

·
Registered
264 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Yea I was thinking about the oxygenated "winter gas" too. I guess that really kills the mileage. It does however seem like the engine has more power on the O2 doped gas.
That is definitely your imagination. RFG has less BTUs per gallon. Hence the lower gas mileage.

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
i had sensor no. 1 go bad and the engine had a rich fuel mixture, and i could smell it coming from the tailpipe

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What months do they dope the gas in PA, or rather how would I find that out? Can you still buy normal gas anywhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts