TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We really need to start stressing the rule about no drinking on the trail. I don't want anybody here going through the same shit as Mike has to deal with now. I also really don't want anybody getting killed.
 

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
Joined
·
9,048 Posts
I agree..........I have constructed a pictorial to aid in the education process! ;)


:xbeer3: + :camping: = :kewl:


:xbeer3: + :boobies: = :headbang: :woot: :clap:


:xbeer3: + :jack: = :explode:


:xbeer3: + :bhump: = :eek:


:xbeer3: + :driving: = :shame:
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FAUX X 4 said:
I agree..........I have constructed a pictorial to aid in the education process! ;)


:xbeer3: + :camping: + :kewl:


:xbeer3: + :boobies: = :headbang: :woot: :clap:


:xbeer3: + :jack: = :explode:


:xbeer3: + :bhump: = :eek:


:xbeer3: + :driving: = :shame:

:rofl2: :rofl:
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark in Az said:
Has something to do with LionsBack?
Yeah, um have you been under a rock Mark? :lmao: If you have, here is a quick recap. Mike Ross got drunk or had a few drinks. Then he drove Nicole's (sexytaco) truck off of Lion's back. Got arrested for DUI. Nicole
's truck is totaled. Mike stepped down as President of NorCal. Everybody ok.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53191
 

·
Web Wheeler
Joined
·
1,860 Posts
Crash said:
Yeah, um have you been under a rock Mark? :lmao: If you have, here is a quick recap. Mike Ross got drunk or had a few drinks. Then he drove Nicole's (sexytaco) truck off of Lion's back. Got arrested for DUI. Nicole
's truck is totaled. Mike stepped down as President of NorCal. Everybody ok.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53191
I knew about LionsBack and Nicole's truck, but yea, been under something :rolleyes: thanks for the link!

I don't think my current B.U.T.T. could make a trail run without running out of oil, but the Tacoma will be ready after xmas and I'll do a club run.
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark in Az said:
I knew about LionsBack and Nicole's truck, but yea, been under something :rolleyes: thanks for the link!

I don't think my current B.U.T.T. could make a trail run without running out of oil, but the Tacoma will be ready after xmas and I'll do a club run.
I hope you don't think I was trying to be an ass. I knew you have been working on getting your rig up and running. It's been an interesting last couple of days on the TTORA "as the world turns" message board. Anyway I can't wait to see your finished product.
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark in Az said:
Oh hell No, I'm not that thin skinned.

It's a sad day for TTORA....loosing Mike Ross as an important chapter leader :(
Yeah no doubt. :(
 

·
Web Wheeler
Joined
·
1,860 Posts
Crash said:
We really need to start stressing the rule about no drinking on the trail. I don't want anybody here going through the same shit as Mike has to deal with now. I also really don't want anybody getting killed.
Agreed! After reading The Resignation Thread in the Mod section on the main board I see that I'm not the only one that has been looking the other way when it comes to some members abuse of our policy. That was flat wrong and I'm embarrassed to admit that I did it.

I think Molly had a good suggestion (in that other thread):
"If the event is discussed on TTORA, it becomes official and therefore subject to club rules. That would prevent any more "unofficial" events."
Plain and simple...you want to wheel and drink, plan the run off the board through PMs, email, or whatever. And don't post pics afterwards....since this will just lead to someone asking why the run wasn't posted. I don't want to moderate what pics can be posted, I'm just saying make it known that pics of those runs should not be posted on our message board.

Anywho, there's my :2cents:
 

·
---------------
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Mark in Az said:
Agreed! After reading The Resignation Thread in the Mod section on the main board I see that I'm not the only one that has been looking the other way when it comes to some members abuse of our policy. That was flat wrong and I'm embarrassed to admit that I did it.

I think Molly had a good suggestion (in that other thread):
"If the event is discussed on TTORA, it becomes official and therefore subject to club rules. That would prevent any more "unofficial" events."
Plain and simple...you want to wheel and drink, plan the run off the board through PMs, email, or whatever. And don't post pics afterwards....since this will just lead to someone asking why the run wasn't posted. I don't want to moderate what pics can be posted, I'm just saying make it known that pics of those runs should not be posted on our message board.

Anywho, there's my :2cents:
I completely agree Mark - very well stated! I think it's our job as members of the club to enforce the rules, not just staff.
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup I agree, and like Rob said. There is some power in numbers. If they get confronted by all of us they will think twice. Oh and if someone does post pics and there happens to be a beer in someone's hands. Then flame them to death! That's better then just deleting the pic IMO.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
6 Participants
FAUX X 4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top