TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search and found TONS of info but didnt find anything that exactly addresses my question.
I am getting very close to the time where I need to change out my timing belt and want to know if it is wicked stupid not to replace every pulleyt inside while i'm there. I know it would suck to redo but do these parts go bad and do other who have been here just replace them or just check em out.

Thanks

·
20,355 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
T-$$ said:
I did the search and found TONS of info but didnt find anything that exactly addresses my question.
I am getting very close to the time where I need to change out my timing belt and want to know if it is wicked stupid not to replace every pulleyt inside while i'm there. I know it would suck to redo but do these parts go bad and do other who have been here just replace them or just check em out.

Thanks
Depending on how many miles you have on your rig, it may be a good idea to change out the pulleys and the tensioner.

I can give you a quote on all the parts you will need to do a timing belt job, just shoot me a PM and let me know.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
did my timing belt a few months back and just days later top pully started making nosie.
just my :2cents: but i wish i would have changed them the first time we where in there

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
T-$$ said:

Thanks
the tensioner only needs to be changed if u fuck it up somehow...but considering u dont take it off... that is slim

the idler pulley only needs to be changed if it sounds really bad when u spin it in your hands....they very rarely need to be changed and its even rarer for them to sieze up...they just make noise (not saying it doesnt happen, just thats its really really really rare)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
LavosTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing