TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Chain is nothing like a belt. They can last the life of the motor. You might want to check for slop or wear but you should be fine to 200,000 miles. :( My trucks have belts.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
you have the 6cly in your taco?
i don t know for sure but read on national board like a week ago it is a lifetime part if its not slapping timing cover its fine

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Usually what goes on the 2.4's is the timing chain guide. When it starts to go bad you'll hear the chain slapping, and it will get worse as the guide wears. I've seen the chain actually start wearing through the side of the cover and the engine still ran fine.....LOL

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Chain is nothing like a belt. They can last the life of the motor. You might want to check for slop or wear but you should be fine to 200,000 miles. :( My trucks have belts.

the belts will go 200,000 too........well at least 177000......I really need to try and change the dam thing.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I know.........it is on my list of shit to do........it is just I don't feel comfortable trying it on my own without the help of someone who has done it before...........and I can't afford to pay to have it done......nor do I really want to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ive had this happin to 3 motors so far. if u wait too long the timing chain will rub a hole in the side of the cover which has a cooling port in it. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
If ur worried about the chain pull the value cover and if the guides are gone it is time for a new one. Don't forget to pull the oil pan ahd clean what's left of the guides out of it. they can cause u to lose oil pressure and trash ur engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts