TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need some tips on getting this pin that is on the drivers side leaf spring to go into its hole. Been at this for a couple of hours now and tried everything that i could think of. The other side went in fine but this one is being a royal pain in the ass.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Support the vehicle on jackstands, on the frame.

grab axle and jerk it in the direction it wants to go for the pin to go in.

attach u bolts and be done.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i had the same problem when i installed the leaf pack on my truck and help out a buddy with his leaf pack. if i remember i installed the leaf spring to the truck, then pushed the axle with my foot until the pin slid in the hole. i do remember that it was a royal pain in the ass to do.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
wrap a ratchet strap around the furthest point on the axle tube towards the wheel that you can... now put the otehr end around the framerail near the front of the truck... start cranking, it will move... get it where you need it and tighten everything down

·
Registered
539 Posts
jimbo74 said:
wrap a ratchet strap around the furthest point on the axle tube towards the wheel that you can... now put the otehr end around the framerail near the front of the truck... start cranking, it will move... get it where you need it and tighten everything down
thats what i did.. worked well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts