TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 tacoma double cab.4x4 trd package. I am putting a set of Bilstein front 5100 preload strurts in the front with a 2 inch lift. So I can run 285 75 BFG all terains.I want to know if I need to put them on new rims with a deeper off set or can I use the stock wheels with out problems? Allso will the 285 work in the rear with out a lift? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think your tires will rub the upper A arm with the factory wheels, you may need 1/4 inch wheel spacers. You should be able to run the 285 tires in the rear without lift.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm runnin the same tires. With a toytech 3" The upper A arm does rub, I'm getting spacers, new rims would be awesome but dang who's got the money with all these other fun past times and expenses?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 285/75 BFGs will work only with aftermarket rims. The stock rim allows the tire to be mounted. With the stock rims you can not turn your truck to max capacity or travel over bumps. The tire sits to far into the UCAs. You will need to purchase aftermarket rims. A 16x8 wheel with at least a 4.625 backspace along with minor trimming in the front. The rears are fine without a lift. You can find aftermarket wheels for reasonable prices. Eagle alloys are what I have.
I had to do all my homework with these damn stock rims and a 285/75 tire.....
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You could probally spacer and fit them on OEM rims while you save for aftermarket. No spacers arent the best thing, but all the guys running SAS on 79-85 axles run them, and I dont hear of many problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Nate. What kind of triming are you talking? Where and how much? hanks Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jbass
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing