TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Balance Ideas ?

OK, spring is here and hopefully I'm done with plowing snow so I put the 33's back on one of my beaters. These are just bias ply 33" Swampers that are not balanced. I brought them to a tire place and they said that they would'nt balance and gave up. Anyone try any type of stuff that you put inside the tire to balance it?

Any suggestions?

If I keep driving with these things not balanced my old Yota's going to fall apart!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Get some of the airsoft beads and put them in your tires. Go to dynabeads website and look at there calculation for weight. Convert that to how many beads that you need for that weight and divide the aisoft bags so you will get somewhere around that weight (I usually go a little over what they say). You will never have to balance again. I run these on all of my rigs and you get very even tire wear.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Try EQUAL.....

We've been running EQUAL in our Jeep for years. We have 35x12.50 BFG M/T's.

THe only negative (if you consider it a negative) - is you can't use automatic deflators. When we air down - we remove the valves outta the stems and a very tiny amount comes out. We've aired down countless of times over the past 3 years without any issues - and have never needed to add more.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
air soft bbs

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the all the input.

I never heard of using airsoft bb's before!
Don't use equal, it gets nasty when wet, clogs your valve stems, etc, etc, etc. Don't use regular BBs as some do, they rust then create the same problems that equal does.

WHEN YOU GET THE AIRSOFT BB'S - MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT BUY THE BIODEGRADABLE ONES, they make those now so check to make sure that they are not the environmentally friendly type as bad as that is to say.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Take them to someone that can balance them using a lug centric adapter, should help..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.