TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems kinda stupid to ask such a question but:

How are you balancing your tires (aside from the lead on the rim method)

I was looking into different ideas of a way to balance my new tires and I remember some kind of semi truck balance beads some-one was talking about some time ago.

I have heard of Air soft pellets. I don't know how that turned out. I have heard that if you use the wrong stuff it will eat the inside of your tire and wear them out prematurely.

What about Dexron or some motor oil?

Water is out cause that shit causes rust...yo.

Any input on this?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
I pulled my airsoft beads. I HATED them.

Balanced my beadlocks using lead and a bubble balancer

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug said it was a PITA and he couldn't get the used tires to balance so he gave up but was going to try it on the next round.

Bubble balance? is that the stand where you put your tire on it and it's a bubble level in the center of the wheel?

I'm gonna give the dayna beads a shot. they say you only need 8oz per tire and it's about 50 bucks for enough...I think. better than getting it done every few months.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Treadwrights came today so we will see how it goes

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have lead weights and air soft bb's to balance my tires. I have had the bb's in my tires for a couple of years now and have been happy with how they work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
8990yota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing