TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know what to look for so I went into 4WD Parts and bought their house Band "Smitty Built" and they pretty much work like crap. Any suggestions on the right ones to get? I want to go from about 45lbs. to 25lbs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't really know what to look for so I went into 4WD Parts and bought their house Band "Smitty Built" and they pretty much work like crap. Any suggestions on the right ones to get? I want to go from about 45lbs. to 25lbs.

Thanks
Staun tyre defalators. They cost more but I hear they work, 4wheel parts also has them. I just baught a set off eBay but havnt recieved them yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a set of stauns as well, they work well and are slightly adjustable. I have them adjusted on the high end of where I usually air down to, then finish off the last few psi with a gauge. I believe they have a few different ranges, you will most likely find one that fits your needs.
They are pretty handy to have at the beginning of the trail where the pavement ends, my freinds thought it was dumb purchase at first, but now they usually borrow them after I air down.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I prefer the ARB deflator to all of the auto deflators. Much much faster.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
It's been my experience that airing down in the desert results in broken wheels. Too much pressure and the sidewalls blow out easy, too low and you have rims shaped like dice. I run 35 psi all around and it seems to result in less miles put on my spares. :2cents:
x2 you wont find me going lower than 20 psi unless I absolutely need it

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's been my experience that airing down in the desert results in broken wheels. Too much pressure and the sidewalls blow out easy, too low and you have rims shaped like dice. I run 35 psi all around and it seems to result in less miles put on my spares. :2cents:
what do you run in the street? cause im running 35psi and 25 in the dirt

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just chopped the ends off cans of fix-a-flat sticking out of the autozone trash can. Work just fine and made of plastic so it doesnt fuck up the valve stem.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I really like the Currie deflator which is the same as the ARB. It's fast and accurate. You can do all your tires in about 5 minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts