TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my tires due to the current ones being worn. I currently have 265x75x15 (which i think is about a 31x10.5x15) but i have found two sets of tires on Craigslist that arent that size. The first set are TSL swampers 30x9.5x15 which are at a really great price but smaller and the second set BFG mud terrrain are 32x12x15 at a really great price but im not sure they will fit on my stock rig. Any suggestions on which direction i should go?

Bobby

·
Banned
722 Posts
32's will rub pretty bad and 30's well I think 30's are a bit small but that's about a stock size so you could run them, but being as you need it to be driveable. Go w/ the 30's b/c the 32's won't be driveable w/out some more lift.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinkin the same but i just don't want my truck to look like it's sitting on pizza cutters. Some other threads say that they have fit 32's on a stock truck with no rubbing and others say there is bad rudding; What's Up With That?!?

B

·
Registered
20 Posts
The width of the 32" tire will be more of an issue on a stock truck. 10.5 is about as wide as you can pull off with a 32, if you don't mind some rubbing.
I also think the Swampers might look too small but they will work and the macho tread might make up for their size.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i have 265/75/16's depending on manufacture the are about 32's mine weigh in at 31.6 or so. i have an 05 tacoma and the fit just perfect without rubbing. Good luck

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The width of the 32" tire will be more of an issue on a stock truck. 10.5 is about as wide as you can pull off with a 32, if you don't mind some rubbing.
I also think the Swampers might look too small but they will work and the macho tread might make up for their size.
he is correct. Its more the width than the height. If you beat the hell of of the pinch wheld, you could fit them if they weren't so wide.

Go with the 30's. You wont look pussy, they are damn SWAMPERS! LOL. Look at it this way, you have more room to flex :D

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
the swampers radial?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not too concerned with street handling or the noise of the tires (i actually like the constant humming of mud rudder). Im leaning more toward the smaller tire since i dont have the cash to do any modifications. The traction the TSL's offer will boost my confidence in the mud for sure and won't be such a strain on my clutch,motor, gas mileage etc.

Thanks for the imput, also, that summit site has better deals than most big name companys, thanks!

Bobby

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know how bad off your tires are but you could always be patient and wait for a good deal on 31s to pop up. The winter's over so it isn't as important for super good tread if you think you can wait. You also have to remember that the tires don't actually measure what they say and depends on the brand. My 33/12.50s only measure 31 3/4 high and 11 wide on a 8" wide rim. 30s might not look all that great but if you don't want to do any mods to your truck and you're stuck between the 2 you'd have to go with the 30s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts