TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tire inflation indicator 06+ Taco question

Pardon my ignance, but there was a precaution given at the tire store regarding this. Does any one know if you replace the wheels or the tires if it will actually affect the function of the Tire inflation indicator? What Taco trim this pertains too( I know is it on the mini)? Does it really matter with after market wheel and/or tires? And lastly, how does the thing work ( does it gauge distance from the ground or what)? I typed in different searches with no luck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
willipete said:
Pardon my ignance, but there was a precaution given at the tire store regarding this. Does any one know if you replace the wheels or the tires if it will actually affect the function of the Tire inflation indicator? What Taco trim this pertains too( I know is it on the mini)? Does it really matter with after market wheel and/or tires? And lastly, how does the thing work ( does it gauge distance from the ground or what)? I typed in different searches with no luck.
It's a pressure sensor usually attached to the wheel on the backside of the valve stem. It works by sending a radio signal to a receiver. When the pressure drops below a designated minimum, the idiot light comes on.

It should work no matter what your tire/wheel combo is.

The tire store is probably doing a CTA incase they break the sensor while dismounting the tire, installing a new tire, switching the sensor to a different wheel....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
DakotaTacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing