TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock '97 has 29 psi rear, 26 psi front printed on the inside of the driver's door. I run 30 rear 30 front. 26 just seems a bit low for the front. Should I really be running 26 in the front? :confused:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Play with your pressures until ya get a good footprint and ride for your taste.
I've found that in my 32" load range C tires that 26-27 psi front and 24-25 psi rear is best.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SurfingDrunk said:
I'm running 32 on mine. I think alot has to do with the tire specs.
I dunno if it really has all that much to do with the tires...really the weight distribution of the vehicle. Maybe the size of the tires, yes.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I run 35 psi in mine front and rear 36" tsl radials

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I'm running 26psi front and 28psi rear with 33s on 15x8 wheels, and the outside edges of the tread still dont touch firmly when doing the chalk, but running them lower makes my milage suck and the lugs start th "feather" on the edges....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I run my 32's and 32/30 frt.rear.. Still rides a but rough for my taste. Prolly gonna drop em to 30/28 and go from there.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Chalk test the tires and find the right PSI for your trucks set up and weight!

...the door sticker is for 15x6 rims with like 235/70R (or some thing) with 31x10.5 on 15 x7 rims my psi is at 28.5 front and 26.5 rear at the daily driven load..and usually goes up to 32/30PSi when I am going on long highway trips and even more when I am hauling a payload especially the rear!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Could we get a explanation of the "chalk test" I am currently trying to get my Nitto AT dialed in,discount tire set them @ 35 but they seemed to have too much bulge @ the contact point!!
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
358 Posts
Stock02 said:
Play with your pressures until ya get a good footprint and ride for your taste.
I've found that in my 32" load range C tires that 26-27 psi front and 24-25 psi rear is best.
That is what I run my 31" (245/75/16) Goodyear MT/Rs at. This seems to result in the best footprint. The tires are load range E.

My truck is an '02 regular-cab.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts