TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Tacoma and the driver's side tire rubs when I turn to the left. I have 31x10.50's but they just recently started rubbing after I jumped my truck and bottomed it out. I just replaced the front struts on both sides and a 3'' lift should be here tomorrow. The question is, do I have a weak spring in the front? or is somthing else causing the rubbing. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if you jumped a stock truck, and now it rubs, you probably bent something or threw out the alignment

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just to clarify... where is it rubbing against? The frame at full left lock?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its rubbing the fender, and the spring is more compressed on the drivers side also. Its not hitting the frame or anything. And yes I jumped a stock truck and no nothing seems bent.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Seems like something is messed up. Last weekend a friend jumper his Cherokee (subsequently flinging a baseball sized rock through my rear window) and he bent the axle housing, front bumper, and front cross member. Jumping stuff just doesnt tend to turn out good.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Yeah you farked something up 31's should never rub. Jumping your truck is at most ill advised, unless you have designed the suspension for doing so or atleast do it on sand to cushion the landing some.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I regret it now, but for a split second when I was airborne it was freakin awesome! The skid plate was bent into the oil pan and the oil pan had a dent in it but other than that the only thing is the rub when I turn to the left. If it still rubs when I put my lift on it I'll be mad. The shop that put the front struts on didnt say anything was messed up. Im thinkin maybe some alignment problems or somthin. Thanks

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The skid plate was bent into the oil pan and the oil pan had a dent in it but other than that...
"Her shaft is bent and her rear end leaks, you can fix her quick with an oily rag. Use a nail as a starter; I lost the key. Don't pay no mind to that whirrin' sound. She use a little oil, but outside a' that, she's cherry." CW McCall

....dude dont jump your stock truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jumping stuff just doesnt tend to turn out good.
Jumping is the quickest way to break something. Sounds like something is bent or broken.

I used to have a '69 Baja Bug... man that thing was fun to jump. Scared the hell outta myself a couple of times jumping that thing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Her shaft is bent and her rear end leaks, you can fix her quick with an oily rag. Use a nail as a starter; I lost the key. Don't pay no mind to that whirrin' sound. She use a little oil, but outside a' that, she's cherry." CW McCall

....dude dont jump your stock truck
That is hilarious. I wish I had it on video so it could have been a toyota commercial. Seriously nothing is bent or broken. That I can see......

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
some pics or vids would really help!

i hope you bought ext travel coilovers...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try to get some pics up today before I go to work.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
View attachment 8722 Here is what I ended up doin for a temp. fix. It was only hitting the fender a little so i took a grinder and grinded it down. lol maybe if I got some new springs it would help... Oh well

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You were hitting the pinch weld with 31s? That is still really strange since the truck comes stock with 31s.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I think its my springs, it has to be. I have new struts and it still sags in the front. After I get my lift on Im gonna get new springs and see if that will help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts