TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 6 inch trailmaster lift and all of the sudden i notive that my front drivers side tire is rubbing on the trailmaster strut......but it doesnt even look like it is leaning.......so i jacked the truck up so i could spin the tire while watching it.....and i couldnt notice anything abnormal...... can someone please chime in and give me some advice on what this might be.....maybe like bearings or cv joints ball joints etc......for now im on foot.... :( :(

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I think it is balljoint related. I believe to check the lower you jack up the truck, by the frame, and then put a jack under the lower arm. Just lift the arm up a little but, and work the wheel to see if you have play. You have to push it pretty stoutly, and may hear some clunk as well as see some movement. Check your linkages, and the lower arms where the alignment adjusters are. Maybe something is just loose.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
tommylevy said:
i have the 6 inch trailmaster lift and all of the sudden i notive that my front drivers side tire is rubbing on the trailmaster strut......but it doesnt even look like it is leaning.......so i jacked the truck up so i could spin the tire while watching it.....and i couldnt notice anything abnormal...... can someone please chime in and give me some advice on what this might be.....maybe like bearings or cv joints ball joints etc......for now im on foot.... :( :(
Tire air pressure?

·
Registered
54 Posts
wheel bearings might have been out

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Your alignment could also be out of spec.. the alignment cams on the lower arm push or pull the lower arm in and out, and as a result the top of the tire goes in and out too.. it can also be caused by suspension sag, the more it sags the more the bottom of the tire pushes out and the top pushes in, same result it needs to be realigned.. so you might check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts