TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in search of a set of 35's. I have been searching for what brand and types. I have it down to a mudder for sure. I just can't do a AT. I was thinking the Dunlop MUD Rovers. I have a set of BFG mt km's on the runner right now but they are dry rothed. I was also looking at pro comps mt and such. Just wanted to see if anyone on here has them or experienced them. Or what has been working for you.
THanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Pro-comps already come with 1/2 the tread of a normal m/t. Stick with BFG's, the new ones look like they are awsome. I got about 30,000 out of a pair I had on a full size Dodge Ram extra cab before I sold it and they were still more than 50% tread. I bought those after having Pro-Comp A/t s which lasted about
10,000 miles. Just my:2cents:. Don't you get a discount through work?

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
X2 to ike. I love my tsls. Cheaper than any other 35in tire, they actually measure 35 or a little more, and they have nearly twice the tread depth (iirc the q78s start at like 29/32 or so) to start

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check out treadwright.com! They make retread tires but are fantastic and pretty cheap. They coppied their tread patterns from bfg. I have a pair of 31s. They make up to 37! Good luck in your search!

·
20,355 Posts
Didnt think they made bigger than a 33, but I am going to check their site now.

·
20,355 Posts
looks like they do, but only the old mtr tread pattern and only for a 16.5 rim.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I like my old style MTR's I loved my TSL's I didnt like the shake and at the time my truck was loud on the highway with them. Offroad they were AMAZING.

I looked at 35's before buying my first set of big tires and found if you go up to a 36 the price goes down. 35's seem to be so popular that the price is as much as a 37 or 38.

My 37's are great on the street. I daily my truck and it does great even 80mph and a few times faster. Id say if you can fit them with little to no work then run the 36'' tsl. I think they are like $220each in bias...When i got mine they were 202each. Of if you need a radial you will take it inthe shorts but Irok radials are nicer then the new mtr and cheaper i think..The new mtr is junk from what i have seen. My buddy has 10k on his and they look like they are about 1/4 life left on his jeep.

·
7,735 Posts
Strange, I have only heard good things about the new MTR's thus far.
That's what I've heard as well.. except for street life. But it's hard to trust reviews of street life if you don't know (first hand) the driving habits of whoever is reviewing.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Strange, I have only heard good things about the new MTR's thus far.
That's what I've heard as well.. except for street life. But it's hard to trust reviews of street life if you don't know (first hand) the driving habits of whoever is reviewing.

That's what i had heard too. but after watching My buddys go from over half life to almost nothing in a summer i was shocked. He drives nice, from work to the gym and then home and even has 2 cars. Hes been on the trail maybe 2 runs this year. :confused:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Honestly they didnt seem to do great off road either. I know skill has a lot to do with it but in all honesty both guys i ran with that had them were having trouble at MSV coney flats.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
My thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Finally got to try out my Maxxis Bighorns yesterday. They worked great in clearing mud, and even worked great in the snow I encountered. Did a lot of driving around in 2wd, they just kept going. Not that loud on pavement either, cannot comment on treadlife though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the feedback. What I was looking for. I sold my 38s but before doing that had to move my 79 so I put them on what a work out! Could not imagine doing that on the trail. Jon I don,t get a discount though work. I have heard bad things about the km2 in packed snow. Once I build this im going to dd it and sell my jeep, to many years working on an xj I hate them and I need to pay my student loan off. Im leaning towards buying them at work due to the fact I maybe doing the work myself for a r.o.b if its busy and they need my help in the tc. Which lately has been almost everyday. My issue is that I want to put on rim stiffners and balance with plastic bbs. Anyome on here done either of those? But im set on size being 35s. As for the new mtr kevlar I have heard more bad then good. Couple of my buddies race and they get sidewall puntures alot. Wear I have heard is in the sucky department. My buddies went to maxxis and love them. There is one dude in colorado that is running them up in summit county his name is dirtco. So no mtr for me most likely going to be the km2s. Anyone heard about the wranlger duratracs? Heard good things just cant find in a 35 on the web. Mounted a set for a member the other day with flat black wheels. So sexy for a dd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts