TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is a website out there that if you put in your gear ratio and tire size that it will compute how much your final drive ratio has changed when you put in your new tire size.

Do any of you hard chargers have this website info?

Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Shocker said:
I know that there is a website out there that if you put in your gear ratio and tire size that it will compute how much your final drive ratio has changed when you put in your new tire size.

Thanks!
I dunno which website you want, but all you do is take your
gear ratio times stock tire diameter divided by new tire diameter to find the effective gear ratio.

For example, 4.11 gears and stock 31" tires (about 30.2" diameter). Want to put on 33" tires (32.4" diameter)

4.11 x 30.2 / 32.4 = 3.83 effective drive ratio.

If I want to know what 4.30 or 4.56 gears would feel like with those tires I just substitute that gear ratio:

4.30 x 30.2 / 32.4 = 4.01 effective gear ratio.

4.56 x 30.2 / 32.4 = 4.25 effective gear ratio.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
gear calculator

The Shocker said:

Thanks!

http://www.tyres1.com/tech_calcs.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
TRD Locker

If you have the money I would swap in a read TRD axle. I have the TRD package and 35's. I love that locker now that I have done the grey wire mod.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I would love to swap an electric locker too. If it were up to me I would just swap out my entire rear (brakes and all). The only trouble is, I hear about swapping and how it can be done, but I have yet to see where I can get a complete rear.

I can not find a website or anything where I can order one. One guy from VA. says he might be selling his, but that is the closest I have come to finding one. It's like chasing a ghost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts