TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys since i got a 3 inch revtek lift i know i can clear 33's but which off set should i go with for a 33x12.5 ssr, or should i keep the stock off set with a 33x10.5 bfg

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
96Toy said:
Hey guys since i got a 3 inch revtek lift i know i can clear 33's but which off set should i go with for a 33x12.5 ssr, or should i keep the stock off set with a 33x10.5 bfg
There was a discussion on the old board about this, and I think the conclusion was that the 12.5 will give better grip offroad but the 10.5 will get better mpg, I don't remember the whole thing. Anyways, IMOP I think its just a matter of what YOU want. I went with the 33X12.5 and I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You have 3" of lift total if this is so you want to go with the closest offset you can get to run the 33x12.50 to hold them as far inside the fenders as possible. This will keep you from tearing up your tires on the fenders and bending fenders or busting fender flares. My cousin has 5" or a lil less and runs 33x12.50 xterrians on 15x9 rims 3.5/8 b/s. I would put a 2" b/l on if your planning on run 33x12.50. Just my opinion though I have a busted fender flare or a lesson learned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responces would 4 3/4 bs be plenty. the DOT in this part of the country dont really care on howfar ur tires stick out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
96Toy said:
Thanks for the responces would 4 3/4 bs be plenty. the DOT in this part of the country dont really care on howfar ur tires stick out.
4 3/4" bs would be too much.. Stock 15x7 rims only have about 4 1/2" bs. If you stick a wider tire on with 4 3/4" you will be rubbing on the frame and suspension.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have any pics of your truck on-line? It looks pretty tight! I would like to see some bigger photos if you have any?

Thanks,

J

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
I have a 3.75" bs and would not want to get any closer to the upper control arm with my 33's. I'd also suggest more lift than just 3" or your going to rub hard. IMO

·
Registered
257 Posts
So a bfg AT 33x10.5r15... 3" cornfed spacer, what kind of backspacing to get away from the a-arm? 4 or less? or even less like 3.75 or less?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts