TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the thing. I want to go with a 33 inch tall tire but I only want it about 10.5 inchs wide on a 15 inch rim. Do they make anything like this in metric or something.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem. There hard to find and there is variety

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yup thats the problem acoss the board with tall skinny tires, its the same with 255/5/16s. I know that SS LTBS used to be made in a 34x9x15, dont know if they do anymore, it was a bias ply tire but really inexpensive. I love the skinny tires on these trucks and im in the sam pickle, i would like to try something other than a km2, but my other option is truxxs and evreyone i know that has them has had bad luck.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
only a couple of brands make this size. There never has been any variety.
BFGs work well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check www.onlinetires.com
They are a few miles North of Knott's Berry Farm. I have not seen tires sold cheaper than these guys for what they have available.

For example: General Grabber AT2's in San Diego were $293.00 each. These guys had them for $171.00

Good luck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure on a 15" wheel. I've ran the maxxis bighorn in 255/85/16 for the last 4 years and been happy with them. Online prices seem to be the best.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
There are reasons online prices are better. Mainly it's because they have no costs wrapped up in service etc.
I bought tires online once and will never ever do that again. I bought tires from a big nation wide tire site, National Tire and got some egg shapped things. It took me forever to get it squared away and I never was really satisfied with the outcome.
I suggest always buying tires from some place that will mount and balance them and where you can take them back and look them square in the eye if shit doesn't go right. If not, you get about as much attention as you can from an email or phone call which isn't much. It's much harder to ignore someone that's right there in your face while it's all too easy to just hang up a phone or simply ignore an email. As is usually true, you get what you pay for and if you don't pay for service then you sure as hell aren't likely to get any.

·
Registered
363 Posts
^^ Agreed, but this place is different.
The difference is this is an actual brick & mortar facility. You can get in their face if there are issues with your purchase if you decide to pick them up yourself.

So far, I have purchased 2 full sets of tires and all is well and I did pick them up instead of having them delivered. Not to mention, I saved a ton of cash.

Hope all goes well with OP.

Later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts