TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not that familiar with tire sizes and i was wondering what kind of tire i might get for my 02 trd tacoma 16" rims. I am puting them on my 98 tacoma when i find some good rubber. How big can i go with a stock truck or with a 2" lift????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
odblevi said:
Im not that familiar with tire sizes and i was wondering what kind of tire i might get for my 02 trd tacoma 16" rims. I am puting them on my 98 tacoma when i find some good rubber. How big can i go with a stock truck or with a 2" lift????
My experience has been 265/75/16 (~32") will rub slightly on the frame at full lock with 2" lift. 285/75/16 (~33") will rub on the frame at full lock and pretty much everything else up front unless you trim some plastic and hammer the pinch weld.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
vistataco said:
My experience has been 265/75/16 (~32") will rub slightly on the frame at full lock with 2" lift. 285/75/16 (~33") will rub on the frame at full lock and pretty much everything else up front unless you trim some plastic and hammer the pinch weld.
whats the differance between 70/16 and 75/16 or what is 10.5 or 12.5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,030 Posts
75/16 is approx 1/2" larger in diameter the 70/16 tires. 12.5 is 2" wider the 10.5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
odblevi said:
whats the differance between 70/16 and 75/16 or what is 10.5 or 12.5
265(width)/75(distance from the edge of the wheel to outer edge of the tire)
So a 265/75/16 will be about 1 inch taller than the 265/70/16.

The 10.5 or 12.5 is the width of the tire. I'm pretty sure a 265 width tire is about the same as a 10.5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vistataco said:
265(width)/75(distance from the edge of the wheel to outer edge of the tire)
So a 265/75/16 will be about 1 inch taller than the 265/70/16.

The 10.5 or 12.5 is the width of the tire. I'm pretty sure a 265 width tire is about the same as a 10.5.
thank you again. I dont know why it was so hard for me to get that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
Im running 255/85/16s with a little over 2inchs of lift (still settling) and its perfect! You can use the stock wheels, its not obnoxiously wide, but it does rub on the frame a bit but only at full lock. Powers still good with 4.10 gears, havent wheeled it yet with the new tires, thats probibly where the gearing will kind of suck!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top