TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am new to TTORA and have a few questions. I am currently in Afghanistan and I am having my wife take my truck to the local 4 wheel shop, so i want to ensure i choose the right parts. I will be having them install a Pro Comp 3 in. leveling kit and a Performance Accessories 3 in. body lift. The tires i chose are BFG KM2's 33x10.50x15 with 15x8 street locks. I want to know if the tires are going to look to small for the lift. I also realize that with 35 in. tires i may need to do some gearing, but i am working on a budget. Please give your feed back and photo's of similar lift/tire combo's if any. thanks .... Joe

·
Registered
72 Posts
What are the specs on your truck? year/model/4x4/engine/rim size? what are your plans for the truck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2000 TRD tundra 4x4 access cab with a 4.7l v8. I would like some off road capabilities but it will not be a wheeler as it is my dd. stock wheels and tires are on it now. 15x7.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a 2000 TRD tundra 4x4 access cab with a 4.7l v8. I would like some off road capabilities but it will not be a wheeler as it is my dd. stock wheels and tires are on it now. 15x7.
If it's stock it should have 16x7s.....to my recollection 15s won't fit over the calipers on a Tundra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys jim is right. they are 16x7 steelies. That changes things a bit. ( pricing ) Thanks for the help guys. This is a little difficult to do from afghanistan.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
No worries. You can run a 255/85/16 (narrow 33) on that wheel, no problem.

If you're in a tight spot for $ at the moment, you can run 285/75/16 or equivalent, if you use a wheel adapter up front. Should be able to get a pair of 1.5" adapters for a hundred bucks or so, Spidertrax & others sell them.

Skip the body lift for now, you can install it any time later yourself with a hand from a buddy or two, or some 2x4s. personally, I think it will look a little strange with the body lift plus puck lift and 33s. You can fit 35x12.5 tires, but you'll need new wheels. Regearing can come later, if you don't do a lot of mountain/hill driving or 4wheeling.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get some coilovers up front adjust them for 2" of lift and slap on some 255/85/16's on your stock rims. You might rub a little plastic in the rear while flexing and the frame up front when turning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the info guys. it has helped out a lot. now to do some looking and price finding. will post before and after when complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts