TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid but...

I have a summer job as a tech at a tire center. I can get a killer deal on Goodyear MTRs (about 90 bucks off PER tire for 37s), though I won't be able to put them on until I am ready to SAS, which should be in early 08 sometime. Well since I leave this tire center in Aug for school, the tires would be sitting ATLEAST for 5.5 months or so. Is there anything I should worry about or do to make sure the tires are fine by the time I want to put them on the truck?

·
Registered
741 Posts
spread honey, and birdseed on them and leave it outside.. when its all white with bird poop, then you can put them in boxes.

but seriously, ask your boss whats the best way to keep the tires in storage, i doubt anything will happen to them if you just put them in boxes:confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
if you can, store the tires inside under some sort of cover. you want to keep them out of extream tempitures and sunlight. if you can do that storing them for 6 months wont be a problem.

·
Registered
718 Posts
use dark sheets, even a tarp. somthing thicker to block out the UV.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
They should be OK for that long.
BTW I hate you because you can get that kind of deal on MTRs.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I did something similar before my sas. (bought tires and had to store them) The apartment complex really liked me. I had to store them on the balcony until I moved, then it was another 8 months out in the snow for the tires. I mounted them up when I had the SAS complete and they were as good as new! Trick was to cover them in a tarp as described earlier to protect them from the elements and especially the UV rays.

I did bring them in from the snow but only after a couple days under. but for your amount of time, you will be okay…just keep them covered

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If you want you can ship them to me and I can store them on my truck (I mean in my garage) for you!:D

·
Registered
808 Posts
Tires sit on cars for years so keeping them inside for a few months will not hurt. Most tires have a 5 year warranty. I wouldn't go crazy trying to protect them inside your garage except for keeping protected from theiving eyes.

And $90 a tire is a steal. That is probably below cost.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tires sit on cars for years so keeping them inside for a few months will not hurt. Most tires have a 5 year warranty. I wouldn't go crazy trying to protect them inside your garage except for keeping protected from theiving eyes.

And $90 a tire is a steal. That is probably below cost.
He said $90 OFF PER tire, not $90 per tire. If it was $90 per tire I am sure we would all be nocking on his door!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts