TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a real good deal on some 16.5" tires, do you think that they would work ok on my stock rims? Or would I need to go up to 16x10? Maybe if I put beadlocks on them? Do you think they would rub?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey Wes, welcome to TTORA. I'm not sure about the 16.5" tires, but those beadlocks will treat you well, but I'm assuming you only want the streetlocks. ;)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured if I aired way down I wouldn't need real beadlocks.

Thanks, but I've been in the shadows for a while now reading and learning alot.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Wes said:
I figured if I aired way down I wouldn't need real beadlocks.

Thanks, but I've been in the shadows for a while now reading and learning alot.

I have 33's and I never air down when at the mall. But I don't have beadlocks either, so who am I to say. I'm sure someone will chime in and help you out. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
A 16.5" tire requires a 16.5" diameter wheel...Not a 16x10 as you stated...In that case you would need a 16.5" x 10" wheel which is assanine on a Tacoma.. Keep reading and do yourself lots of research..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey Wes, don't forgot to introduce yourself so TEJASYOTA can welcome you.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
For you to be able to use a 16.5 tire, you have to have a 16.5 wheel, i think that hummers like H1 run them and like campers. so good luck with the wheels tho

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Naw man what you need is some 20" offroad chrome wheels with some 44" boggers. Then you can goto the mall like, get in my truck bitch can you not see who I am? Im the motherfucking juggernaut bitch! Works everytime ;)
Oh any they will fit without a lift trust me I install them @ my homeboys shop like everyday.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wes said:
I got a real good deal on some 16.5" tires, do you think that they would work ok on my stock rims? Or would I need to go up to 16x10? Maybe if I put beadlocks on them? Do you think they would rub?
The only way this will work Wes is if you bump the rim size up to 16.758". Otherwise the rim will be too small for the tire.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sexy.taco said:
Nope... go with 30" spinners and some 52" Boggers for extra traction when ghost riding :lmao:
Do you think they will rub on full compression while turning? Can someone please explain the pring perch mod to me?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Wes said:
Do you think they will rub on full compression while turning? Can someone please explain the pring perch mod to me?
There's a guy on here that owns a jeep, a big orange one. He knows all about the pring perch mod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Jeff.
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing