TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I turn all the way too the right the front driver side tire rubs on the leafs in front of the tire and the passenger side tire rubs on the leafs behind the tire.When I turn all the way too the left I have about an inch in between the tire and springs.....

What can I do? Any kind of adjustment? Thanks

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
why did you do spring under?

get different backspaced wheels.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did the spring under to keep it low.....since I'm not a rockcrawler I don't need to much clearence...I do the deer lease offroading mainly with fairly easy draws and creek beds.....

I'll look for the stops in the morning when I can see better....

Thanks

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
cut the leaf shit off and 3-link

Whackmaster said:
When I turn all the way too the right the front driver side tire rubs on the leafs in front of the tire and the passenger side tire rubs on the leafs behind the tire.When I turn all the way too the left I have about an inch in between the tire and springs.....

What can I do? Any kind of adjustment? Thanks

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
193 Posts
either your pitman arm isnt centered or your your tie rod needs a little adjustment and you'll be turning equal amounts both ways. If you wanna do it simple though and stop the rubbing just adjust the stops

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Good looking truck.
Surely you can figure out how to keep your tires off your leaves if you can build it to begin with... if not- you've totally wrecked my philosophy about people building their own shit.
Or maybe you didn't build it. Whatever.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
FYI I have 2.5" backspacing and still had to adjust the steering stops a bit to keep the tires out of the leafs.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Wes said:
Good looking truck.
Surely you can figure out how to keep your tires off your leaves if you can build it to begin with... if not- you've totally wrecked my philosophy about people building their own shit.
Or maybe you didn't build it. Whatever.

nope he didnt build it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are right..I don't have the welding skills to try a project like this..I had Mark at CEO in the Woodlands do it......

The steering box isn't centered...Today I turned the steering wheel too the right 3 1/2 turns and too the left 1 3/4 turn.

I will pull the pitman arm off tommorrow and center the box then reattach the pitman arm and then adjust the steering stops.....Other than that I love the way the truck drives...Very impressed. >>>-------->

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
is that your buggy behind your truck in those pics?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
One word of caution, be careful of turning the steering wheel while the arm is off, you could damage the spiral cable. I think that is what it is called, I having a seriuos brain fart right now. I controls your horn and airbag I believe. I believe there are a few that have made thhis mistake. Just an FYI if you didn't know already. If you did sorry.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Cruznlife1 said:
"Clockspring" = "Spiral Cable"
= "Snap I heard the other day" :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts