TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking into tires recently. Ive been going into minimal offroading. Just dirt and mud slinging here and there. Tried it with my stock tires, not the best ideas. Gravel chewed them up pretty quick too :eek: yes im a noob i guess u would call me.

I want to keep my stock rims but get soem 32's tires on it, something i can take off road and through mud. Something slightly knobbie to give my truck a rougher look i guess but that i can still take on the road.

thanks guys!

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Are you gonna ask a question or just make statements?

I want a winning lotto ticket. Got one?

·
Registered
206 Posts
There's no such thing as the perfect tire. You're gonna have to pick what's more importaint to you. I would pick an all-terrain tire. They aren't great in mud, but will do better on the street than a mud tire and will handle most anything else. My suggestion would be a General AT2. Good price and a nice tread pattern. To get around better offroad, I would suggest a locker for the rear axle. You can get one for about $200 (Lock-Rite).

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have had goos luck with Nitto Terra Grapplers. I have had them on all my 4x4's and I have a set on my Prerunner. They grip REALLY good when submerged and they shed mud better than many "all terain" tires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys
im really really looking into the BF good rich MT tires, i was reading reviews on them and they are decent on the street aswell as offroad
any input?

·
Registered
206 Posts
They'll do what you want them to do, but will be noisier than an AT. If you're looking for a deal on MT's check out the Dunlop Rover MT's. They're way cheaper than the BFG's and I've read many good reviews on them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot! ill check them out right now, i dont really care for noise, also i need some help finding out the dimensions of my stock rims

its a white can n a half 2006 tacoma pre runner

thanks a ton guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts