TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running the allpro coilovers and 285/70R17 BFG MTs on my FJC and was finally able to clean it up and give it a good wash since the winter. I noticed quite a bit of rubbing has been going on, and im wondering what I can do now to stop this. It seems the passenger side is getting it worse, and its chewing up the tire tread. The coilovers are cranked about 2 inches.
Here are some pics to show whats going on:

Im wondering what I can do to stop this rubbin:
a) Im too hard on this current set up, slow down... (no fun)
b) Crank the coilovers more?
c) Get doahoes or a different lift all together
d) "insert your suggestions here"

Also im a aware that those resivoirs were installed wrong (stupid stealership), and need to get some new brackets, an move the resivoirs back a little.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Crank up the coilovers a little more . Getting a different brand of coulovers won't change anything if you have them at the same height. Not sure what's above where it's rubbing, but if there's room to spare big hammers are pretty good for getting rid of rub.

From the second pic it looks like you may be rubbing the UCA a little too? What BS are your wheels? Might want to get something that pushes the tires out a little more.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be rubbing the UCA. The backspacing is the stock wheels, 4.5, I think.
As for cranking them more, last time I attemped, things were getting pretty tough to do that, the little tool is quite large to be fitting in there, so i shave part of if down with a grinder. It seems to get caugth up in the UCA (see second pic) and the all that metal around the shock mount (not sure what you call all that). Any points to get this done easier?
Oh and what the hell is BFH mean?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It might be rubbing the UCA. The backspacing is the stock wheels, 4.5, I think.
As for cranking them more, last time I attemped, things were getting pretty tough to do that, the little tool is quite large to be fitting in there, so i shave part of if down with a grinder. It seems to get caugth up in the UCA (see second pic) and the all that metal around the shock mount (not sure what you call all that). Any points to get this done easier?
Oh and what the hell is BFH mean?

big (fill in the blank) hammer. those tools are hard to get a good turn with. try jacking up the side your working on so you can get in there. one side on mine has to be like half way up and the other side is different. just gotta figure it out

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The problems with the reservoirs are they are installed incorrectly. The adjuster knob should be pointing forward, and the adell clamps holding the reservoir should be turned 180* so they center the reserrvoir over the top of the shock, not hanging off the side of the tower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts