TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 31x10.5 's on my truck now how much backspacing do i need to get the tire out of the fender more and go to a 12.5 tire I would like to go with a american racing black steel wheel and stay with a 15 in

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
you should just buy my 4runner......it would give you the gears you need........the rims and tires you want.......and a solid axle to swap in to lift it and a spare motor:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ahhh i cant let my truck go!!!! ITS RUST FREE what do u want for your runner i have some freinds that want a yota

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am not saying let your truck go I am saying take all the good shit off mine (axles w/4.88's, r151F trans with low 1rst and higher overdrive to knock down said 4.88's on the highway, like new 33's on black wagon wheels, ect) and put them on your rust free truck......then take whats left of my rusty truck and all your IFS crap to the junk yard and get Alot of your money back.

I am asking 1500$ OBO.....all info and pics on NB under forsale section

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm currently running 32x11.5.15 BFG All Terrains on my 96 Tacoma with very little rubbage on the plastic fender pieces at full lock or full compression, and no rubbing on the frame or A-Arms. I have daystar leveling spacers in front, but they just basically make up for my saggy springs and the weight of my ARB Bull Bar. I believe that my wheels are 3.5" backspacing, and the tires stick out almost 3" past the fenders. IMO, you would be better served going with a taller tire if possible. My tires do well at 11.5" wide, but that is as wide as I would go unless I went up to a 35" or larger diameter. Especially for the 'wheeling we do here in Ohio (mainly mud) pizza cutters tend to cut through to the bottom and get good traction. I would go as far as to sacrifice some width to gain height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts