TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was looking at the TJM T-17 series Bumper, mainly as I dont have much cash and it is around 400 bucks. My question is, it states "provisions for low mounted winch" What would need to be done to this bumper to allow it to accept a winch? and what is the best winch for the money to use on the said bumper?
This is for a 2002 tacoma 4x4.
thanx so much!

-Dennis Stiles

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
BadJammer said:
Hello all. I was looking at the TJM T-17 series Bumper, mainly as I dont have much cash and it is around 400 bucks. My question is, it states "provisions for low mounted winch" What would need to be done to this bumper to allow it to accept a winch? and what is the best winch for the money to use on the said bumper?
thanx so much!

-Dennis Stiles
I have said bumper and a Mile Marker E8000 winch. Any winch with a separate IE: non intergated control box should fit. It bolts up, no modifications required.

http://www.geocities.com/tquinn3/mods.html

Picture part way down page..... :welder:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks.....

Looks Great! BTW, How/Where did ya mount that CB? There aint much room in there and I am at a loss for anything smaller than one of those crummy micro models.

-Dennis Stiles

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
BadJammer said:
Looks Great! BTW, How/Where did ya mount that CB? There aint much room in there and I am at a loss for anything smaller than one of those crummy micro models.

-Dennis Stiles
I mounted the control box up in the bumper on the passenger side of the winch. Close but it does fit..... :welder:

·
Registered
197 Posts
BadJammer said:
thanx so much!

-Dennis Stiles
Hey,
I got a TJM T 17 a few months ago with a Warn M8000 winch. It works awesome! I fabbed up some brackets and squeezed the control box in the passenger corner too.
http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=6555
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts