TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed some new coilovers on my truck this weekend and for the most part.. everything is good...

but now with these new coilovers... it seems now that the 2nd strut (which is a gabe) on the TM lift is the limiting factor on the downtravel....

I've read and seen posts/website info about moding the 2nd strut with spacer to adjust it for the extra 2.5 inches of lift... which is fine and seems logicial...

But..

My concern is if the 2nd strut isn't the limiting factor on the down travel... then it all falls on the lower arm and CV... Call this a dumb question... but is that good or ok??? I would hate to over extend something... Any expierences??

I am >< close to saying screw it and going SAS.. but reality kicks into play... and I cant do it jsut yet... :mad:

Anyways... I'd appreciate any info...

Thanks !!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Umm... nevermind...

I just had a brainfart.... with the spacer on the 2nd strut... the limiting factor would be the coilover...

Good'ol morning coffee to wake me upp...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Skitz said:
Umm... nevermind...

I just had a brainfart.... with the spacer on the 2nd strut... the limiting factor would be the coilover...

Good'ol morning coffee to wake me upp...
Just make sure that it isnt the lower balljoint that becomes the limiting factor though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts