TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i saw that the GA chapter has a new prez so... does that mean we can establish a TN chapter prez? Unless there is an established prez from prior runs of the TN chapter the position should be vacant (unless Colin appointed himself the TN prez as his last action as GA prez ;) ).

How is the prez position filled? Vote? Gentleman's duel? Longest keg stand? Least time actually wheeling at SETO?

I'd like to see someone thats fairly active with both wheeling and forum activities lead this rag tag crew that calls Tennessee home. If i have to, I'd even do it myself! :eek:

Thoughts? Complaints?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Justin (98taco4x) is president. And afaik, Brad (Mossyrocks) is vp.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Yeah I know it seems like it has been slow. After our past forum got hacked and we couldn't really get that going again after trying. And then it took me years of begging and pleading, threatning, and aggrevating I finally got Shannon to finally add us to the NB.

Now what we don't have is an event coordinator if someone wants to step up and help plan events, trips, meets, and such that would help. We can even have multiple coordinators for different regions (ie East, Middle, and West)

We usually take nominations for a position then a vote. Mostly you don't nominate yourself someone nominates you. Then a vote once a couple of people say they will do it.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Who was the last event coordinator?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
nicole for event coordinator!
and colin for prez!
Calm down you goobers. :p No need for drama here, thats what the GA board is for. :rolleyes:

Nicole and I will continue to do SETO, and we are happy with that.

Justin can remain president as long as he wants. And he does wheel, I have wheeled with him a number of times.

FWIW I don't think event coordinators are necessary. Everyone should just post here when they go or want to go wheeling, like the GA board eventually got to be. Just my opinion.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Yeah, afaic everyone is a wheeling coordinator. Anyone is capable and welcome to post potential plans to ride and generate others interest to attend.

Without going into a whole lot of detail, the ga board works the way it should, it didn't used to, but that has a lot to do with how we all worked to post rides and keep each other on the trail as well as growth in members due to that fact. It just compounds itself.

It takes one person to pester everyone to ride, once we succeed in riding more often, you attract others interested in riding, rather them getting online and seeing a dead forum with no riding posted. New members wheel with us, get comfortable and join in the ride posting, and it just goes from there. GA board used to be as exciting as a funeral home and look at it now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts