TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
You may already have them but if you don't, get the hanging baskets for that thing, they will make the fridge so much more usable. Several vendors on here sell them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just recieved an Engel MT35 that I ordered from Wil, planning on using tube clamps to fab up a mounting shelf over top of my rear speakers behind the passenger side seat (that mounts to my cage). Can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
213 Posts
you're gonna love the engel! no need for trips to the store to restock on ice, no wet food, plus you end up having more space for food since you don't have the ice taking up half your cooler. as said above the twozone suspended baskets come in handy for better organization.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I officially hate you for having that cooler!
:flipoff1:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Seems like a decent unit, draws about twice the current what the Engel/ARB's do... still less than those thermo-electric units used to.
Watch the warranty on them. I have had customers that purchased them and said that they only last about 6 months then have issues, and they were coming to us to buy an Engel unit.

Nice! So here's the question... Where the hell do ya put it?
X2

I have seen them mounted everywhere from in cab to in bed. Mine is mounted in the bed of the truck on a slide.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Watch the warranty on them. I have had customers that purchased them and said that they only last about 6 months then have issues, and they were coming to us to buy an Engel unit.

X2

I have seen them mounted everywhere from in cab to in bed. Mine is mounted in the bed of the truck on a slide.
I saw that earlier... I've used mine in the backseat of the D-Cab-It takes up the right 2/3's of the seat. I currently have the bed organized with stuff, but may have to rethink a bunch of it as I don't like this thing taking up all the cab space, and it's also a bit high up on the seat, and I can't open the lid all the way.. Your install looks nice!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Seems like a decent unit, draws about twice the current what the Engel/ARB's do... still less than those thermo-electric units used to.
ive had an edgestar in the back seat of my dc for about a year now and the thing has been perfect. i made it fit so it only takes up the seat directly behind the driver, which at 6'6" no one ever sat behind me anyway.
it does draw a bit more power, but ive upgraded to a larger deep cycle battery and i have a back up battery too just in case.

·
Registered
166 Posts
how do those protable fridges do with lots of shaking? i know they are built to be mobile, but i drive my truck pretty hard. do those engels have refrigerant?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
anyone put one through some serious abuse? i'm worried about cans/bottles inside it denting the crap out of the inside and damaging it when i go through the whoops at moderate speeds.

·
Registered
374 Posts
anyone put one through some serious abuse? i'm worried about cans/bottles inside it denting the crap out of the inside and damaging it when i go through the whoops at moderate speeds.
the manuel on mine said no glass. as for the cans, yeah they might get bounced around a bit. the only can breakage ive had to deal with was when one of my cokes froze. i had the thing set to get beer REALLY cold, bit i guess thats too cold for soda. i guess you could throw a towel on the bottom to absorb some of the shock and then one on the top to keep them from flyin around.

lets just say that i had suspention give out in the desert and i had really cold refreshments to enjoy while we fixed the break. the freezers take a beating!
:xbeer1:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts