TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 with the E Locker, and have used it once to pull my brother's stuck Jeep Wrangler out of a rut. 4L just wasn't good enough to get him out. Other than that I have never needed to use the locker. I did the gray wire mod this morning at 5 AM because I couldn't sleep. I didn't really think I needed to do it, because I don't see why a person would need to be locked in 4H or 2WD, but at 5AM with nothing to do.....

Anyways, I want to hear about other people's experience with the E lockers, especially people that have done this gray wire mod. I was thinking that being locked in the sand dunes might be nice in 4H, because sometimes 4L is a little slow, but other than that I don't know why I would really need to ever be locked in a gear other than 4L.

I don't know mechanically if having the locker on at high speeds makes any difference either. Somebody know if the speed when locked would make a difference and possibly break the locker or something else?

Can you tell I've already been up for way too long?

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
yep,you been up too long.this is the second post that says the same thing.
the reason you need 2wd locker is for doing killer donuts!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i have done the grey wire mod and love it...its nice to lock it in 2wd in the post where the one wheel wonder just wont cut it but 4hi isnt completely necessary. also nice in 4hi on tough spots to keep moving a little better, and also in the sand in 4hi and also 2hi. and of course doing killer donuts as krypto mentioned. the reason toyota made it only engage in 4lo was to prevent people from leaving it on while driving on the street...where a locked rear end can be interesting at high speeds. i dont think it does any damage being locked at high speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts