TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I got my new deavers, 10 leaf 2 inch lift, the rear of my truck sits 2 inches higher than my front. Major stinkbug.

1. Is there any other way besides carring weight in the bed? How long would this take?

2.Also when you get 2" of lift are the springs longer or do they just have more arch to them? I think that is the way 62's are.(more arch)

3. Will I need to add 2" to my bump stops?

4. I've searched to no avail. What is the distance between the bottom of the cap to the top or the adjustment ring on Donahoe ext coilovers? The distance they come from the "factory" with.

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Let me get this straight?

You put a 10 leaf pack in the back and it only went up 2 inches?
I am not sure that is possible.
Anyhow, you several solutions to fix your forward leaning truck.

Put coil spacers (like daystar and several others) in the front to level it out.

Or better yet, find a lifted coilover set for the front. Fabtech and Old Man Emu make popular ones.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
okie said:
First off I got my new deavers, 10 leaf 2 inch lift, the rear of my truck sits 2 inches higher than my front. Major stinkbug.

1. Is there any other way besides carring weight in the bed? How long would this take?

2.Also when you get 2" of lift are the springs longer or do they just have more arch to them? I think that is the way 62's are.(more arch)

4. I've searched to no avail. What is the distance between the bottom of the cap to the top or the adjustment ring on Donahoe ext coilovers? The distance they come from the "factory" with.

Thanks

the hoes come sent fron the factory with 2 inches over stock hieght i belive. maybe set them up a half inch higher and go wheelin. the leafs will sag about a half inch when they are broken in. that will help alittle bit

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dick I'm just curious here. Assuming you're a mod. When you get switched over to mod status, do you lose the edit button? ;)

EDIT: I had to EDIT in a smilie face so you didn't think I was being too serious.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not surprised (of course I'd assume wrong while trying to be funny). If you were a mod, I would have been disappointed if you didn't edit my post to say something like "Dear Dick, I wish I could curl up underneath your big hairy ball sac and take a lazy nap." just to demonstrate that you did in fact, have an edit button.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Okie, just get smaller tires in the rear. You'll have better acceleration that way anyway.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only half an inch, mmmm... 1 and a half inches of lift would have been enough. I didnt take in account for the leaf packs thickness when I talked to Jeff, big mistake.

I know the amount of lift they are set at but they have been cranked up by the previous owner, I took them back down but I would like to know the measurement as previosly stated. I may have them lower. I am wandering this because I dont want to hurt the cv's any. Surely someone has left them alone and can get a measurement for me.

Can anyone answer my 2nd and 3rd question? Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn spammers :rolleyes:

I really dont want to ride around with rachet straps holding my rear down.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Are you hauling a lot or what? 10 leaf on an ext. cab w/an empty bed...dang

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah half a ton,sometimes more. This is my farm/work/wheelin truck. So it has to do them all.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I am not a mod.
The thought alone probably gives most of the folks here the heeby jeebies.
LOL, yea, you'd put a minus sign in from of my post count :p

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
okie said:

Thanks
haven't most people with Deavers had them sag at least an inch?

for #3, yes you will but I'd wait until they get well broken in.
bumpstops need to be extended by whatever amount of rear lift is added (not including BL) or you run the risk of too much negative arch and they will fail rather quickly.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if you hual around that much stuff, do it a couple of times, and the sprins will settle in pretty quickly

1 - 20 of 44 Posts